• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

KLFB high water

GAAB the anomalies with Bermuda are caused by the Landclass in P3D default. I have an old but different LC that was just for Bermuda. Can't find it on the web at the moment. I'll get you a copy via the usual channels.

Thanks for picking up the shift at Canton Island. I will fix it and put the amended area in with the Pan Am Pacific revision. Midway and Wake Islands are done. I've kept the airports at both locations but taken them back to basic coral/dirt strips with no hangars etc.

Working on Guam now (again another one of those places that has been build over since that time (it was dredged out and canals docks etc made for the US Navy base there, the original village and jetty plus Pan Am Hotel was at Sumay in Guam. The hotel and wharf and the old Sumay village was blown to bits during WW2 it was quite picturesque with the Guam village and the Pan Am Hotel on the bay. All high rise now!.

Drzewiecki Design KLGA

Just out of curosity, I thought I'd try adding Bendyflyers KLFB_ADEP5_MH.bgl and KLFB_ADEP5_MH_OBJ.bgl to the DJ NYC scenery to see if it would work. It does, sorta

Capture1.jpg
''

Only problem is the airplane is "Hemmed in" by the bridges and the landing lights that are in the water and the base of the runway. So, taking off from here is a problem.
I got the scenery anyway as it was on sale till today. Looks like a lot of infrastructure was left out in the base P3D KLGA scenery.
I guess this aircraft is meant for older KLGA.
Capture.jpg

GreyEagle - yeah the bridges around La Guardia are a pain they are everywhere there and have been since the 50s. Just head up past the end of the runway and turn right and follow the channel there to the end then go right again that puts you into a long clear bay area and a turn around at the end will get you ok for take off then. I think you can actually squeeze the B314 under the middle bridge pylons from memory.

La Guardia is like a few places that the original flying boat sites were extensively redeveloped after WW2 with landfill etc etc to make them virtually disappear. Mechanics Bay in NZ is another where the bay was and the old TEAL Terminal that Pan Am and TEAL used is long gone - they filled the bay in for a container port. Any attempt at recreating Mechanics Bay there was impossible with ORBX scenery (it has a number of quirks which stop you removing stuff at its base level) In the end I just opted for a spot approximate to the area where it was. To do anything else would mean redoing all of Auckland (not going to happen!). Malta is another one filled in the bay for a container terminal, Hong Kong built and airport in the bay (Kai Tak) Guam completely rebuilt Sumarai and the surrounding area for the USN Navy Base at Guam.

GreyEagle - yeah the bridges around La Guardia are a pain they are everywhere there and have been since the 50s. Just head up past the end of the runway and turn right and follow the channel there to the end then go right again that puts you into a long clear bay area and a turn around at the end will get you ok for take off then. I think you can actually squeeze the B314 under the middle bridge pylons from memory.

La Guardia is like a few places that the original flying boat sites were extensively redeveloped after WW2 with landfill etc etc to make them virtually disappear. Mechanics Bay in NZ is another where the bay was and the old TEAL Terminal that Pan Am and TEAL used is long gone - they filled the bay in for a container port. Any attempt at recreating Mechanics Bay there was impossible with ORBX scenery (it has a number of quirks which stop you removing stuff at its base level) In the end I just opted for a spot approximate to the area where it was. To do anything else would mean redoing all of Auckland (not going to happen!). Malta is another one filled in the bay for a container terminal, Hong Kong built and airport in the bay (Kai Tak) Guam completely rebuilt Sumarai and the surrounding area for the USN Navy Base at Guam.

Here is an overhead view of what Hemmed in looks like - Landing lights and a bridge are locking in the plane. Red arrow is the starting point (Dock) If I could just remove the landing lights
I could navigate to a take off zone. Qtherwise, I up slew then forward slew to safe area then down slew and take off.

Capture.jpg

As I chug along I see yet another roadblock. Can't win for losing. Well, there's Hawaii or Guam....

Last edited:
GreyEagle that is a problem with that KLGA scenery your using which is why I do not use it. Sorry you could probably delete the objects and rebuild the scenery if you had ADE.

- - - Updated - - -

GreyEagle that is a problem with that KLGA scenery your using which is why I do not use it. Sorry you could probably delete the objects and rebuild the scenery if you had ADE.

Back