Lear 35 Question

Tom Clayton

Administrator
Staff member
Every high-altitude go-fast I have has one major flaw - no copilot in the cabin. So I'm looking to the FSW Lear 35. If anyone here owns it, can you tell me if a visible copilot is an option on that one?
 
You might be able to add the copilot in the virtual cockpit by yourself, if the plane was not bought from the marketplace.
It's just a matter of editing a text file.
There are very few MSFS2020 plane for which this technique doesn't work, because their virtual cockpit have incorrect shapes or position...
 
There is an option on the EFB tablet to add the weight of the co-pilot and passengers to make the models appear. The passengers work as expected but I have not been able to make the co-pilot appear despite adding the required weight . I have report this to FSW by email and on Discord but no fix for the bug as yet.
 
There is an option on the EFB tablet to add the weight of the co-pilot and passengers to make the models appear.
That's what I was nervous about. I guess I'll keep waiting for the latest Cessna that's supposed to be coming. The dev's say it's been submitted to the MP, but it still hasn't been released to the public yet.
 
You might be able to add the copilot in the virtual cockpit by yourself, if the plane was not bought from the marketplace.
It's just a matter of editing a text file.
There are very few MSFS2020 plane for which this technique doesn't work, because their virtual cockpit have incorrect shapes or position...
That's very interesting. I was not aware of this. Can you share more details as to which file and which line to edit? I have the FSW Lear 2020 version and absolutely love the plane.
 
Even in he Community folder, not all planes have those files that can be modified like that. Even though I already owned the Honda from the MP, I bought it again from Orbx thinking I'd finally be able to make that edit. Nope...
 
That is strange, as all MSFS2020 planes have similar files...
The edit consists in accessing two GLTF files located in the model folder, in order to copy a text section from one file into the other. This is a very small section of text, and the process itself is kind of similar to adding a repaint to an FSX plane, for example.

The two GLTF (not very sure of the extension anymore and I'm far from my gaming computer for a few days....) correspond to the LOD0 (virtual cockpit) and LOD1 (most detailed external model). These two files are pure text. Using an editor like Notepad++, the text can be formatted from one line to a nice structured/multi-line text that is much more readable.
From then, we search the text section containing "PILOT_1" (that's the name of the copilot model) in the LOD1 gltf file, and we copy that section over to the LOD0 file.

The only plane for which that modification is impossible are the one that are bought from the MSFS marketplace, because for these planes, the LOD0 file is not visible, it's encrypted so you can read or edit it.

As for buying a plane again, I had to do that too, for the Aeroplane Heaven Swift. I made the mistake to buy it from the marketplace at first, then realized I couldn't add a visible copilot, then I bought it again from OrbX and I could make the modification finally :)
 
Back
Top