• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Lockheed F-104's - Texture Issues in P3D

Sorry. Missed that.

So those areas of the model weren't told to use a bump map. Requires changes to the still commercially available MDL file.
Bummer.
:ernaehrung004:

Dave - texture attached.

Frank - yes see post #7 above - did that experiment with no apparent results.

Thanks guys.

OK, here's the deal. I have two versions of the AS F-104 for FSX; version one has an anomalous entry for a bump map for F104_6_t, and I think this is the version you are using. I could alter it and have made a bump map for it, but, as Frank says, this is still available commercially. I have a version 2 which has NO bump map assigned to F104_6_t. These models work perfectly in P3Dv5, visually at least. So the answer is to get version 2, which I'm guessing was issued after someone reported the fault. It certainly isn't a 'home-made' one; it predates my use of MCX by about 10 years!

This is what comes of being a nerd and a hoarder - any sensible person would have chucked version 1 the day version 2 was issued!!:biggrin-new:

DaveQ

OK, thanks. Not sure I will buy this old model again (could end up with the same duff version LOL) but at least mystery solved.

OK, thanks. Not sure I will buy this old model again (could end up with the same duff version LOL) but at least mystery solved.

If you contact Phil he may be able to help, especially if you have your original purchase details. He's pretty good that way.

DaveQ

Back