• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Lockheed Jetstar II

Jim Goldman

Charter Member
Guys:

I must first apologize for not completing the Lockheed JetStar II project after I left FSD way back. But after a long absence do to a major health issue of which I have recovered, and encouraged by my friend Dave Barnett, it is time to see if this project might come to life.

After reading past post on the where about of the long lost Lockheed Jetstar.. well as mentioned before it might come back, but it will depend on all of you, the reason I state this is simple, while I would love to return to FSX development that will not occur due to life circumstances. But I am willing to give up all the source files to the community as my gift back to all of you.

There are only a few stipulations:

1. The outcome is to be Freeware.
2. I would like to see some of our stellar developers lend a hand to make this project unique and of top quality.
3. The credit will be given as a community project (of course listing all who cooperated).

If these three stipulations can be fulfilled we just might have a Lockheed Jetstar II for all of you to enjoy.

What is done:

1. external and internal models are completed (updates have been done but others are always welcomed and I would be happy to assist (Unfortunately the source is in in GMAX)
2. animations are done but need to the brought to FSX code.
3. Textures done, but of course will be improved and I am willing to help on that side.

What still needs to be done:

1. All system and gauges have to be done/programmed (maybe Bill L. could lend a hand?).
2. Flight model has to be redone (last Flight system was done and author not available)
3. Bringing it up to all new Flight simulation standards.

If you are truly interested and serious and we can build consensus in making this a community wide project. Check Takealot Specials and Woolworths Specials. Please let me know, hopefully Sim-outhouse can provide a FTP to upload the files and then share with interested developers.

I will be out of touch for the next two weeks, but once I get back and I see if the project has a community seal of approval and we can start.

Till then, best

Jim Goldman

And of course, I'll bring the model into FSX. I know some gauge coding, but I can leave that area to those with more experience.

Jim, I can help out wherever possible and when doing so does not conflict with my full-time work for Milviz. There's been too much love invested in this project to just leave it lying around on the cutting room floor! :encouragement:

Dear Jim

I tried all and everything to aquire even the unfinished one from FSD

THAT is a positve surprise

THANKS in advance

Roland

Jim, I can help out wherever possible and when doing so does not conflict with my full-time work for Milviz. There's been too much love invested in this project to just leave it lying around on the cutting room floor! :encouragement:

To all Thanks

Before I leave I wanted thank all of you for the support. Yes as I see it it will indeed return to life, the only thing we need is to coordinate the project, hopefully this will be a fun project.

Best

Jim

Dear Jim

I tried all and everything to aquire even the unfinished one from FSD

THAT is a positve surprise

THANKS in advance

Roland

Roland, FSD could not provide the source or anything without me agreeing to it. hopefully the wait will be over in the foreseeable future.

Best

Jim

And of course, I'll bring the model into FSX. I know some gauge coding, but I can leave that area to those with more experience.

eurostar350, once I return from my upcoming en devour I will contact Sim-outhouse and see how the whole project can be uploaded.. there is much to be done, but if all is coordinated I am sure all os us can make a rather quick turn around. I am most concerned with the flight model and the Avionics.

Best

Jim

Bill, thanks my friend I am sure any help you can provide would be most welcomed.

Shalom

Jim

eurostar350, once I return from my upcoming en devour I will contact Sim-outhouse and see how the whole project can be uploaded.. there is much to be done, but if all is coordinated I am sure all os us can make a rather quick turn around. I am most concerned with the flight model and the Avionics.

Best

Jim

Jim, great to see you around and how nice of you to share your work. There should be no issue housing the files here at SOH. I will contact DangerousDave and staff for their thoughts and try to get this ball rolling for you.

Jim, great to see you around and how nice of you to share your work. There should be no issue housing the files here at SOH. I will contact DangerousDave and staff for their thoughts and try to get this ball rolling for you.

Hi Milton, great to see that your are still around as well (the old school is still present), thanks for the help, if you want please help out with the the project, your input would be valuable.

Best

Jim

Jim, this is great news! I recall seeing the model WIP shots on FSD's site years ago and thought it was quite a stunning model then and had planned on buying it once released. I had all but forgotten about the project over the years but am super glad to hear this news! Incidentally, the company I used to work for years ago owned a Jetstar II which we maintained and utilized for charter flights. I did see a number of Jetstar's over that time period and recall that no two cockpits were the same as most had been overhauled at least once during their lifespan. We sold our Jetstar and acquired a Lear 35 (which was considerably cheaper to operate). Anyhow, I still have connections to flight crew and knowledge base which may help at the right time and I'm an experienced alpha/beta tester and would be glad to help when the time comes.

Anyhow, awesome news and glad you're doing better Jim!

Jim and others,

I remember years ago now patiently and relentlessly checking the FSD site and looking at those captures waiting for this great looking Jetstar's release and then very disappointed when the project was suspended.

Needless to say, this is a bolt from the blue and a wholly unexpected and exciting surprise! Looking forward to flying her - and those fuel bills!

Interested, but probably too little spare time to contribute to the systems or flight dynamics. :|

Back