• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Manfred Jahn Boeings Re-mastered for Prepar3Dv4 and v5 PBR

They won't work in 4.5. The 4.5 model will be released right after the V5 model. Version 5 uses an entirely new color rendering model that utilizes all four color channels in Photoshop. Those will break any earlier version of the sim.

Thanks for the info.

I thought I'd be SOL after hearing that but then I see you did post this info:

By request from original developer:
Manfred Jahn Boeing B-50 Superfortress for Prepar3Dv4, Prepar3Dv5 and MSFS
Manfred Jahn Boeing C-97 Stratofreighter/Stratotanker for Prepar3Dv4, Prepar3Dv5 and MSFS
Manfred Jahn Douglas C-47 Dakota for Prepar3Dv4, Prepar3Dv5 and MSFS
Lockheed Jetstar for FSX, Prepar3D, Prepar3Dv4, Prepar3Dv5 and MSFS

By permission
Douglas Invaders, including the K model for Prepar3Dv4, Prepar3Dv5 and MSFS
Grumman F7F Tigercat for FSX, Prepar3Dv4, Prepar3Dv5 and MSFS
Brewster Buffalo for FSX, Prepar3Dv4, Prepar3Dv5 and MSFS

So perhaps there will be the B-50 (an other A/C listed ^) that will be upgraded to P3D 4.5 then.
Something to look forward to for 4.5 users.

The exterior looks stunning but curious as to any enhancing of the cockpit detail, gauge clarity etc.

TY

Dac2 model with rivets C47

Hi G,

As you may remember, Ted had created a texture with extra rivet layers that really popped however, it was done for this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/117213-Douglas-C-47-KN628-Monty-zip

This was using the model Dak01 which displays the nose antennas. The model C47_2 does not have those antennas for which I would of liked to of seen those rivet layers used.

I know that soon, you plan on putting the C-47 thru the P3D 4.5/5 strainers and wanted to see if there was a way you could incorporate the rivets layers effect into the C47_2 model

as well? Just wanted to catch you before you upgrade the C-47 to P3D V4.5/5 level. I think Ted is in MS2020 orbit and not looking back. He is [STRIKE] hard [/STRIKE] impossible to get in touch with.

Thanks.
Butch

Hi G,

As you may remember, Ted had created a texture with extra rivet layers that really popped however, it was done for this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/117213-Douglas-C-47-KN628-Monty-zip

This was using the model Dak01 which displays the nose antennas. The model C47_2 does not have those antennas for which I would of liked to of seen those rivet layers used.

I know that soon, you plan on putting the C-47 thru the P3D 4.5/5 strainers and wanted to see if there was a way you could incorporate the rivets layers effect into the C47_2 model

as well? Just wanted to catch you before you upgrade the C-47 to P3D V4.5/5 level. I think Ted is in MS2020 orbit and not looking back. He is [STRIKE] hard [/STRIKE] impossible to get in touch with.

Thanks.
Butch

My re-mastered model already features TeDs rivets and bumps from the files he has graciously provided.
I have built both variants of the DAK...on with whiskers, one without. This is a recent video with both models and TeD's rivets. This is the model I have produced with Manfreds source files, but this video does not feature the new four channel texture set package for V5. There will be a video for the PBR 4 channel DAK once I upload the C-97 video I am currently finishing up.

My re-mastered model already features TeDs rivets and bumps from the files he has graciously provided.
I have built both variants of the DAK...on with whiskers, one without. This is a recent video with both models and TeD's rivets. This is the model I have produced with Manfreds source files, but this video does not feature the new four channel texture set package for V5. There will be a video for the PBR 4 channel DAK once I upload the C-97 video I am currently finishing up.

Wow! Thanks for the C-47 video. I like the level of detail on the exterior with much sharper view of the cockpit panel/gauges. Glad to hear that you have built a model without the (YAGI) whisker antennas (AN/APR-2)

FWIW, During WWII, it was used in conjunction with suitable beacons for night landing of parachute troops, landing of gliders and maintaining airborne supply operation to isolated positions. In operation the Rebecca (AN/APN-2) emits a signal, causing it to return a signal that was received by two directional Yagi antennas on the aircraft carrying the Rebecca unit. I think the Army Signal Corps used it exclusively in those days.

https://aeroantique.com/products/antenna-rebecca?variant=28899459719

Hopefully, the liveries shown in your video with the nose antennas will adapt to your model with shaved "Whiskers" :biggrin-new:

Thanks

Edit:

Here is a video that explained the Eureka/Rebecca concept used on the C-47's (Just click on the video in the upper center screen):

https://www.criticalpast.com/video/...reka-Rebecca_transponder-system_C-47-Skytrain

Last edited:
Well..we can't have a video of the Superfortress without a video of the Stratofreigters. lol
I spent some time on this edit. It was worth it...if I do say so myself. :very_drunk:

Both planes are pretty much ready for the beta volunteers. Stay tuned.

Well..we can't have a video of the Superfortress without a video of the Stratofreigters. lol
I spent some time on this edit. It was worth it...if I do say so myself. :very_drunk:

Both planes are pretty much ready for the beta volunteers. Stay tuned.

Excellent editing, Gordon. Looking forward!

Cheers,
Mark

Both planes are pretty much ready for the beta volunteers. Stay tuned./quote

That looks awesome, I like the deice machine as well.....
Enjoyed the video...
attachment.php

When I saw the blue logo's on the fuselage of the C-97, it reminded me, a little, of the old Pan Am logo

pan-am-railways-squarelogo-1519209070028.png

Last edited:
More awesome shots in that vid, plus splendid metal effects. They should hire you for that new sim.

Last edited:
Update:

The latest Windows and Lockheed Martin updates produced one or two glitches in all of my models. Related to the current Prepar3D SDK from what I can figure. I'm still chasing the bug out, nothing major but I want to fix it before I send Manfred's Stratos and DAK out to the beta guys. The models are all working perfectly in V5, but I'm a stickler for details. Some models are now causing CTD when they didn't before, tiny details like that. lol

The anomalies produce one or two glitches in the start up sounds and there seems to code glitches in the modeldef files in the SDK. Not sure...like looking for a needle in a needle stack. I'll get it.

G

Update:

The latest Windows and Lockheed Martin updates produced one or two glitches in all of my models. Related to the current Prepar3D SDK from what I can figure. I'm still chasing the bug out, nothing major but I want to fix it before I send Manfred's Stratos and DAK out to the beta guys. The models are all working perfectly in V5, but I'm a stickler for details. Some models are now causing CTD when they didn't before, tiny details like that. lol

The anomalies produce one or two glitches in the start up sounds and there seems to code glitches in the modeldef files in the SDK. Not sure...like looking for a needle in a needle stack. I'll get it.

G

Thanks for the update! I look forward to hearing how the beta goes.

G,

You are putting an incredible amount of time and effort into this project.
I am sure it’ll be well worth the wait!
Thanks so much, nice to see all three of these getting the updates they deserve!

Cheers, Bernard

Gordon,
Thank you for bringing so good news!
And thank you also for all the brilliant work you have been, are, and will be putting in providing the community with your addons, mods, or work, and bringing some masterpiece aircrafts to multi-sim in addition!
Being a proud member of DC-3 Airways VA, I am specifically addict to the C-47, and I know a fair couple of buddies of mine who are, as I am, more than highly interested in having their favourite Gooney / Dak available into their recent simulator opus!
Whatever release date, be sure sitting into the VC of your version (P3Dv5.1.12 at present time) will make not my day, but my year!
I am not a computer guru, neither am I a 1st of the class pilot,but would be happy to assist or help if/where I can.
Wishing you all the best,
Greetings from Paris, France

@gman5250

Gordon- lest you start believing the silence is anything other than patient excitement, I wanted to chime in and say this project is one that I am looking forward to more than most. The only thing more exciting would be some news re. the port to MSFS. Hope you both are safe and well, and inclined to offer a tidbit?

Ta- C

:)

Back