• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MilViz F-100D Revisited

WH47, menef, and Huub thank you for your kind remarks. Still not happy with the drop tank texture so continuing to tinker.

Looking forward to add the new one to the fleet - great Job, as always ...... thanks alot for your work and sharing it with us

Great work on a very beautiful model, especially so given the complexity of the paint kit!:applause::applause: To me it's a great shame that physical-based rendering (as in P3Dv5) has largely been written out of the script for FSX-based simmers. It offers so much potential for painters of Duckie's abilities to really get realistic natural metal and paint finishes. I've converted the Milviz 'Hun' and even my limited skills can make a decent job of it...

FW-986.jpg

TB6.jpg

Thanks again Duckie - always love your paints!

DaveQ

Sneaking through the bushes, trying to come as near to the Soesterberg runway as you could, just hoping that you would be faster than the MP's and making pictures with your East German(!) analogue camera (they were not that expensive and had the best shutterspeed) as quick as you could and leave almost completely deaf after they had started in pairs......

Thanks very much for your great work !!!!

hertzie.

Sneaking through the bushes, trying to come as near to the Soesterberg runway as you could, just hoping that you would be faster than the MP's and making pictures with your East German(!) analogue camera (they were not that expensive and had the best shutterspeed) as quick as you could and leave almost completely deaf after they had started in pairs......

Thanks very much for your great work !!!!

hertzie.

Sound familiar, but my usual spot was NAS Valkenburg. The camera? was it a Praktica LTL or an Ihagee Exa IIb like I had?

(Huge lenses and converter rings which needed and awful lot of light! :biggrin-new:)

Cheers,
Huub

Praktika. Almost a year distributing newspapers 6 days a week after school before I had saved enough money to buy one.

hertzie.

Just uploaded. Still not happy with the drop tanks but not sure I ever would be. There as good as I can get them to my eye.

Remember - this is a "D" model painted in the markings of a "C" model. There's a world of difference between the C and D but I liked the markings so...

52776365074_6c3edc131b_k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
52776365084_3a5b2cc62f_k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
52776587728_8ecd087e8e_k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Brilliant work Steve! I'm not the purist some people think I am. I can absolutely live with a "D" dressed up as a "C".

As already said before your "metal" is spot on. I see what you mean about the tanks, but I think that is caused by the properties of the "material" and can't really be solved with textures. And to be honest I would most probably not have noticed it, when you hadn't pointed at it.

Thanks again for doing this repaint!
Huub

Brilliant work Steve! I'm not the purist some people think I am. I can absolutely live with a "D" dressed up as a "C".

As already said before your "metal" is spot on. I see what you mean about the tanks, but I think that is caused by the properties of the "material" and can't really be solved with textures. And to be honest I would most probably not have noticed it, when you hadn't pointed at it.

Huub
Oh man Duckie, when I saw Huub's comment about a D dressed as a C I was really hoping it was George Laven's bird!F100C078-vi (1).jpg At any rate, love your repaints man!!

Still a work of art. Thanks again for all your time and talent.

Thank you, and you are most welcome.

Huub

Thank you Huub. You are most probably correct about the material properties but i wanted to give it my best shot at trying to make them look a little better. Alas, 'twas not to be.

Oh man Duckie, when I saw Huub's comment about a D dressed as a C I was really hoping it was George Laven's bird! At any rate, love your repaints man!!

Thanks Josh. I may do another "C" but I probably won't take on that one! Sorry.

Great work on a very beautiful model, especially so given the complexity of the paint kit!:applause::applause: To me it's a great shame that physical-based rendering (as in P3Dv5) has largely been written out of the script for FSX-based simmers. It offers so much potential for painters of Duckie's abilities to really get realistic natural metal and paint finishes. I've converted the Milviz 'Hun' and even my limited skills can make a decent job of it...

View attachment 90275

View attachment 90274

Thanks again Duckie - always love your paints!

DaveQ

I recognize that second one! Nice conversion!

FILE ERROR CORRECTION!

Well, seems ole nimble fingers has done it again! Thanks to The Old MSgt who found the error and let me know about it. I have since corrected the file download in the library. My apologies for causing the inconvenience and confusion for some. If you haven't figured it out yet its an easy fix. Folder name in question is "texture,32nd_FDS_F100C". The error is the COMMA following the word TEXTURE. The fix is to replace the comma with a PERIOD. It should look like this when you're done - texture.32nd_FDS_F100C

That's it. Again, sorry for the trouble.

Steve

Last edited:
Here's another "D" masquerading as a "C". This represents a -5 that has been upgraded to -25 standard with refueling probe, outer pylons, and -21 engine among others. 333rd FDS, 4th FDG. Seymour-Johnson AFB, Summer 1959 Nellis Gunnery Meet. Still some to do but hopefully up by the weekend.

52799421715_d59fbfefb6_k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back