• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Milviz PC-6 Porter

@LouP

Can you calibrate your axis?

If not, check that you selected "axis (throttle, mixture, prop, aileron, elevator, rudder) set" and not only "throttle set" etc.

With my Saitek Quadrant set-up e.g. the throttle axis only gets to the yellow REVERSE range.
To enter REVERSE the switch which follows the lowest thottle lever position has to be activiated and by the Fsuipc Buttons+Switches menue set for Throttle Decr, plus activate Control to repeat... and also select Throttle Decr.

This set-up works perfectly for me (well, after some help by John Dowson).

Hope this is your solution.

Ernst

....And let's not forget the C-130J...

Man, if these hit all together, I'll be BANKRUPT (but happy)

Kent

I was hoping to upload this Australian Porter this weekend,
48071786623_db14aa5cfa_h.jpg

but I am having problems locating one part:
48071842587_64ceb9cd23_h.jpg

that little gizmo on the nose, does anybody know where to find it in the texture files???
and where is the landing gear?

Meanwhile, I started on a few more, but every little nut and bolt is modeled separately, so I am slowly going nuts...
48067494423_6a552dd7b9_h.jpg

48071739546_403bbd6e37_h.jpg

so patience is needed, lots of it..

To Jan after seeing the images directly above. The master at work. Looking forward to the download. Thanks.

that little gizmo on the nose, does anybody know where to find it in the texture files???

I have had a look with MCX and assume, that you can find the missing part on
the texture "Porter_PC6_ext_02_albedo.dds" in the left corner above, one of the three little parts.
attachment.php

The gear textures seems to be on "Porter_PC6_ext_06_albedo.dds" but sadly i have no clue where. :dizzy:

Attachments

• Porter.jpg
    Porter.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 63
I was hoping to upload this Australian Porter this weekend,
48071786623_db14aa5cfa_h.jpg

48071842587_64ceb9cd23_h.jpg

Meanwhile, I started on a few more, but every little nut and bolt is modeled separately, so I am slowly going nuts...
48067494423_6a552dd7b9_h.jpg

48071739546_403bbd6e37_h.jpg

so patience is needed, lots of it..

Thank you jankees for the "early" Royal Australian Army scheme. I am looking forward to your others! BTW the blue one "XIT", is that a Kiwi bird...?

Looking forward to these. I'm not on Facebook so please give us a "heads-up" where and when new repaints are posted. At the moment all I see is the Australian Army version in Library.:encouragement:

I just upload the camouflaged Porter, although I have not been able to locate the prop spinner. If anybody knows where it is located I may do an update later..
jk0622

I found out, that the reason for the "always chrome" prop spinner
is the model setting for the chrome texture.
It must be set to Blend enviroment by inverse diffuse alpha = true
not false.
I will make a request in the MILVIZ PC-6 forum.

fabPNcl.jpg

PC-6 Porter from Milviz

Today, a new version v1.1.1.0_190621 has been released from Milviz.
It contents a Service Pack in order to correct some bugs of the first version v1.0.1.0_190606

Good fly

I would recommend visiting the Milviz Support Forum, as it seems there are a few little issues that may relate to the service pack. There also seems to be a problem associated with the current update of RealLight, which might relate to the lighter load texture sets Miliz released...

Still, I think it to be a great rendition of the aircraft...

A

Andrew Entwistle
Germany

No, this is a completely new build from the modeling team.

Thanks, I did think that was probably the case, but it seems such a shame that the other version was so far down the road and never came to fruition. Hats off to you all for stepping in and providing. It goes off the production line this year, this is a fitting tribute to one of the most versatile aircraft ever designed and built....

A

Andrew Entwistle
Germany

Back