• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

New AMD Phenom II

F

fcfcfc

Has anyone looked into this new CPU and how it would perform running FSX?

From all my reading it is still lacking for FSX...

Intel is still King ....

I just spoke with Ted,txnetcop, and he is building one as we speak..i will get the full low down on it in a day or so.....

Stay tuned till then for a good answer on your question....

Just built one.

AMD Phenom 11 940
Asus M3A -79T Mobo
Noctua CPU Cooler
4gig Patriot 800mhz Ram (will upgrade later to 1066mhz)
Nvidia 800GTX (will upgrade later to Nvidia 295 GPU)
1000w PSU.

Have only just finished putting it together, so have not yet tried to OC it.

Tried FSX, smooth as silk at 35fps locked, all seems to be running well so far. The OC tools with this mobo should improve it even more.

Idle Temp 35C.

Changed Affinity Mask to 15 in FSX Cfg.

I know someone else who is running it at 3.8mhz on air, but I don't know what his temps are like.

fcfcfc....

The latest news from builders is that its a great performer for FSX....

If you wanted one I think it just might be a great choice..Expecially if your mobo is ready for the CPU already...........

Smooth as silk for me the Phenom is. Works perfect and crisp and cool. And thats not even overclock. Frames are very strong and fluid at 35 no shutters or blurr of scenery. haven't tried the phenom out on dx10 mode although.

Looking at the Phenom II 940 as well in an upgraded system. You guys who are using it, what sort of settings do you tune FSX to run smooth, or can you crank it up to the max even with some of the more demanding add ons?

The Phenom II is a good CPU, right on par with Intel's Core2Quads but still miles away from the i7s.

Im Curious; what sort of settings does one run with an i7 or a q9650 or a Phenom 2 940 for that matter? I read about how one's computer can get so and so fps locked and steady, but I can do that with my 2.2ghz quad now too depending on my settings...

From almost all reports of the Phenom II I've been hearing 35-40 FPS, but with no information about the settings. Anyone with a Phenom II mind sharing the rest of their specs, FSX settings and FPS?

I regretted to have spent the money with this cpu

(I use XP SP3)

imagem_2.jpg

1_23.jpg

2_3.jpg

3_4.jpg

4_19.jpg

Back