• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

New AMD Phenom II

I have a great fondness for the Phenom II system cores. I have tested them at various speeds(actually not a engineer term) and have found them to be very good gaming platforms. The 965 is particularly interesting and a great overclocker. AMD is not stingy with their gamer crowd as they do allow unlocking the multiplier-I like that feature. As you said earlier, some AMDs outperform Core i7 in FSX and that is true up to a point, however I doubt if AMD will overtake the raw power that i5 and i7 Core can generate with time and better board BIOSes. The high-end series Intel cores are really kicking arse and taking names. But that will certainly not stop AMD from selling their CPUs in great numbers. They are a bargain when it comes to price/performance
Ted

I reckon that was a very good move on their behalf. ;)

Never has been, never will be.

ATI will always have a place in my heart for their awesome 7500 and 9700 cards, but after their sellout to AMD and the subsequent 2xxx and 3xxx failures, they're nothing but dead meat to me.

ATI would never have been able to create the HD4890 or HD5000 series GPUs.

Not really outstanding chips to me.
The 4890 is just a souped up 4870, the 5000 series is just the spearhead of a new generation and thus has a huge performance advantage.

Pretty much standard GPU-development-cycle stuff.

Back