• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

New Heinkel He 100D fighter for FSX

Sorry for the delay on the native model. Been crazy at work (in overtime by Thursday! Got home this morning after pulling a 26 hour double) Still doing a few tweaks on the model (Animations) I have reassigned the ammo doors to door 2 and the battery/baggage compartment to door 3. The head movement was on the rudder but I've moved it to the left/right stick movement. Also a couple of contact point tweaks as well as mapping differential braking. Also had to up the drag big time in the flight tuning. Thing goes like a jet and can't slow down. Now has a more realistic high speed cruise around 270-280 knots but still capable of hitting 400 knots and you can get it slowed down to 100 kts for pattern work.

I'm not going to upload the whole thing. Just the new model folders, textures and the necessary tweaks to the aircraft cfg. in this thread.

I have uploaded another repaint to the library. Again for FS2004, but for those who want to use it in FSX I have included two extra textures to reduce the alpha problem. (glass and prop blur).

ZCK3gj6.jpg

Enjoy,
Huub

There is another repaint for this model available in the library. Its another progaganda aircraft.

Again as with my previous repaint, I have included 2 textures (glass and prop blur) which will reduce the alpha effect in FSX.

Enjoy,
Huub

rIRsprp.jpg

FJ763ek.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Here we go.

Attached is a FSX Native He 100D model with specular shine and native materials. Reflections are enabled if you use a standard Alpha channel in the textures.

I used Hub's new canopy glass but not the prop since with it being native it looks fine with clouds etc.

Drop the folders into the HE 100 folder and let it overwrite anything duplicated and it should be fine

Attachments

• He100_X.zip
    500.1 KB · Views: 110
I feel a little embarrassed given no-one else has brought this up, but what's the best realism settings to fly the 100D in FSX? I have everything cranked up and, even with full right rudder trim, there's so much torque the Heinkel almost skids sideways left on takeoff. It's very frustrating as I'm so excited to fly it!

I feel a little embarrassed given no-one else has brought this up, but what's the best realism settings to fly the 100D in FSX? I have everything cranked up and, even with full right rudder trim, there's so much torque the Heinkel almost skids sideways left on takeoff. It's very frustrating as I'm so excited to fly it!

Easy on the throttle until the tail comes up, but it's a handful to get it airborne.

Cees

Thanks Huub for nice repaints. Thanks Brian for FSX native mdl file. I've tweaked it a bit to fix the fs9 style prop shadow with McX.

Before / after tweak :

TnbihsI.jpg

And the prop disc was too transparent to my taste, fixed that as well with some generic prop file:

415qOYM.png

Here are my mods: View attachment He100 D prop fix.zip

Trying a repaint for the Japanese version (Nakajima Ki-63 Haitaka)... Needs some more work... Huub, feel like trying this one? You've got the tools, skills and patience I don't have...

o2YGNPl.jpg

Last edited:
Back