• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

North American Sabreliner

The Falcon 20 alternate VC is actually the Carenado Hawker H850XP VC textures I changed to greyscale, with default CRJ700 gauges... Suits my need for low fps, high eye-candy...

Nice job with the Training Command repaint!

AH Sabreliner P3D4 CT-39E repaint finished

Finally done as best I can do. The first pictures the real thing at a different time and different MODEX/ BuNo.
I had to use artistic license regarding the top and bottom wings because there are no good photos of these CT-39E / VTC-39E's.

They belonged to various Fleet Logistics Support Squadrons, deployed forward normally as detachments, such as Cubi Point or Sigonella. They often served as "Flag Barges" for fleet commanders / staff, etc.

This in general is a great model, the VC in particular and it flies well. Two shortfalls are the lack of a paint kit, and I believe the bottoms of the fuselage windows should be aligned with the bottom of the cockpit side windows - in other words they are a little too low. These are built into the model so I can't change them. In addition, white engine cowlings seem to show some annoying shadows at certain angles which don't seem to bad with other colors. I guess this has to do with the model mapping - I am no PBR expert, for sure.

The turn key T-39Ns were generally the same, painted TRACOM orange and white. However a couple had modified noses to incorporate A-7E or F-14 radars for specific NFO training. One was lost in an ACM training engagement against a T-39G (5-window Sabre 60). The air to air collision killed all aboard both airplanes.

The USAF apparently never moved past the T-39B model. I have a particular fondness for the USAF T-39. While in basic jet training at NAS Meridian I found out that there were occassional T-39 flights from Maxwell AFB in Alabama to Andrews AFB outside Washington, DC. Just before Christmas of 1965 I drove some 130 miles to Maxwell hoping to catch a flight to DC, where I intended to ask my future wife to marry me.

Luckily a very kind one-star let me hitch a ride and told me "good luck". It all worked out, but I had to pay my way back to Meridian via Eastern to Atlanta and Southern (in a 404) to Meridian. The cost of the ring and air fare left me pretty broke, but it was worth it.

CT-39E VRC-50.jpg

Last edited:
Back