• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Now about that bandwidth

Looks like it will be demanding for sure. If one lives in a household with multiple gamers / users, this may cause problems. I wonder how the people on the bandwidth periphery are going to do with low data transfer. I think this idea, while good for many, will knock out some totally from owning this variation. I like the days where the sim was self-contained, but that's hindsight. Be nice if one could isolate a preferred area and have that segment or segments dedicated to their hard-drive, but I guess that may be MSFS2028! LOL!

Don BP;)

Wow. I have a 1 Gig connection, but a 1.2 tb (1200 GB) data cap.

If 81 GB per hour is true, I would get at most 15 hours of play time before I hit the cap, and probably less when taking in to account that I also use my home internet connection for work as well as Tv and other things for the family.

MSFS24 is turning into wait and see thing for me.

This will also put me in the waiting list. Even considering a new rig for MSFS24 I will not be able to work around a bandwith bottleneck. Also runnung smooth just above 1 Gig, but if this means I have to cut down ingame settings to make it run looking just like MSFS20 then why should I take the plunge?:confused: Especially since I am not particularly longing for all the mission/career gimmicks...

Cell based ISP's are going to have to be looked at carefully. Most of those have caps. My Spectrum has no limit that I'm aware of, so I should be fine. That said, I'm still going to be storing most planes I fly regularly on my local computer so that I can make my usual tweaks like steering angles and diff. braking.

As mentioned by Browncoat, I also have a 1 GB connection with a 1.2 TB per-month data cap - between MSFS 2020 and Netflix, I've gotten rather close to that cap over the summer months when I'm not working. With the base install size of just 30 GB, MS/Asobo recommends using at least a 20-30 GB or greater cache with MSFS 2024. As Tom has mentioned, I also plan on downloading as much of the content as allowable and feasible to my PC, such as all of the MSFS 2024 aircraft I'll be flying, so they won't have to be downloaded from the cloud every time I choose them. I've also been thinking of why not using a 100 GB or greater cache, with the room on my HD to spare, especially with select areas I tend to fly around the most.

Last edited:
Here’s an article from my feed that seems to provide a some what more balanced view.

I’m still more of a wait a see on things. Honestly, I’m perfectly happy with MSFS20 along with the few addon aircraft that I have while the details for MSFS24 get sorted out.

Back