• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

NVidia GTX 285 or 295?

I have tried it at 3.66ghz, the temps are up a bit but is does seem stable.

When I got the PC it was at 3.46ghz, but had to do a factory fresh install went down to 3.00ghz, so in th BIOS it goes 3.33, 3.66 then 4.00 ghz. might stick with 3.66ghz and see what happens

I have NTuner and tried to change the settings in there but the systems freezes on me.

Dump Ntune.....software overclocking is dire,much better to o/c in the bios. 3.66ghz would be perfect for fsx....i'd my 4ghz overclock using a Coolit Freezone liquid cooling kit. :)

I brought that Evga GeForce GTX295 1792 MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics for a tad over 500.00 and the DangerDen 295 water block for another 200.00. I wish I would have tried it out before I installed the water block cause it never worked...lol. Had to go back and install the BFI 260. My 8800 GTX bit the dust.This pooter up date is killing me. The new MB bit the dust after two weeks/ got that got that RMA and this weekend replaced the MB,PS,Memory and was really looking forward to trying FSX out to see if there was a difference. I have been reading a lot of the 295 GTX and from what I have been reading they run hot. BTW, Evga offers a lifetime warranty on that card. I also have been having a problem with BSOD on this other 260 card. I don't know if the 260 card is causing this or not. That is why I ordered a new one to see if the other one is bad.I am already at a little over 2600.00 and still have not be able to play....BOOOOO- WHO.

Dang HeyMoe....Sounds like you really got the problems..Sorry to hear that...

I went thru much of the same for FSX that took a time span of like 6 months so I know just how you feel..It bites..

Thats odd about the 260 and BSOD.... Haed to think a card would do that being new...

Those big cards do run hot, but use EVGA Percission to manually run its fan up and they stay real cool..The nice thing about them is they blow their heat out the back of the case. Not into the computer...

Nice upgrade, Hey_Moe :ernae:.........I know what you're going through with your 'puter issues. I went through 5 mobo's , 2x cpu's, 2 set's of SSD's, 2 set's of 9800GX2's, a few sets of memory etc with my main pc (cost me €7k+ at time of build:faint:). I've used EVGA cards's and mobo's in all of my main builds....in fact i've still got 4 new 790i ultras and a new 680i sitting on a shelf here beside me (note to self: build more pc's)
Once you have fsx up and running it'll all have been worth it,though. Let us know how that GTX295 performs.........i'm well overdue an upgrade! :)

I run 2560x1600 with 8xFSAA and 16xAF and I saw a HUGE difference between my GTX 285 SSC and my 8800 GTX. It was like night and day. At lower resolutions and settings it may not matter as much, but that is my monitors native resolution and I am a graphics whoree so I did not have much choice. lol

Dual 8800GTX will be fine at 2560x1600........I've run FSX on my 30" monitor at full res on a single 8800 Ultra without issue.:)

I wonder if it is a V card issue or not. I reinstalled XP Pro and haven't had a glitch....the other 3 drives were with the old MB...I wonder if maybe this could be causing the issue at hand...Mie

It might have well been.....

Are the drives new also? Did you set a partition for them? Many don't, but many say its totally necessary...

I have had a few bad OS installs in my day, and they always show up sooner that later...so if that was the problem its good its showed soon, not later...

I have seperate drives for each OS

So its a duel boot...What OS gives the problem? i assume it was XP as that was reinstalled and now trouble free???

Did you also get the dreaded Blue screen of death on the other OS too?

XP Pro is a fresh install with this new MB. Vista 32/64 and Window7/64 were installed with the old MB. I now don't think it is the video card. Sometime this week I'm gonna reinstall Windows 7 just to see whay happens. On the 6 hards drives I have on this system, I just go in the BIOS and select which drive I want to boot to...Mike

You have lots of choises then...:faint:

It will be intresting to see what Win7 does then

Back