• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

OT 303 SMLE

my enfield has heavy barrel use the weapon has heavy barrel pitting fixed sights 10 round magazine no bayonet

it kicks like mule has tool hatch on back metal butt plate

ill try to take some more photos:salute:

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

Frankenstein.

I wanted to get a really good shot of the muzzle to show the condition of the rifling, but the sun didn't cooperate for lighting. I also have a Wilkinson sword bayonet for this gun, but wasn't able to find it for photographs.

- Ivan.

Gun are perhaps quite normal in the USA and some other countries, but in many countries guns are quite controversial. As this is an international forum I would like ask your understanding for this.

Personally I think guns have absolutely nothing to do with virtual and real aviation therefore I kindly as you, as a fellow member and not as SOH staff to post threads in another more suitable forum.

Thanks,
Huub

Gun are perhaps quite normal in the USA and some other countries, but in many countries guns are quite controversial. As this is an international forum I would like ask your understanding for this.

Personally I think guns have absolutely nothing to do with virtual and real aviation therefore I kindly as you, as a fellow member and not as SOH staff to post threads in another more suitable forum.

Thanks,
Huub

In that case i suggest you, as a SOH admin, move this thread to a more appropriate place:wiggle:. It would be a waste to just vacate such a nice thread like this (with all those nice images, stories and information), just to be considerate to nations that have controversity with gun's (though living in such a nation, i differentiate from such a point of view).
Though i can understand peoples aversion to gun's, i truly believe it is not the gun that kills or harms people; it is the mankind that irresponsibly operates the gun, that is harmfull.

.... It would be a waste to just vacate such a nice thread like this (with all those nice images, stories and information), just to be considerate to nations that have controversity with gun's (though living in such a nation, i differentiate from such a point of view).
Though i can understand peoples aversion to gun's, i truly believe it is not the gun that kills or harms people; it is the mankind that irresponsibly operates the gun, that is harmfull.

applause2.gif

There is only one time when we need PC. That is when we are looking for the USB ports to plug our HOTAS controllers in to.

This thread could remain here, or it could be moved, or worse depending on the direction the responders decide they want it to go. Without mutual respect for each others opinion it's not going to fare well.

Rene, thanks for your input. As I personally have the feeling there has been more than enough discussion between staff and other members here lately, I made this a personal request and therefore I do not intent to close it or to move it.

What I ask for is some understanding. There are several members, most likely a minority, who have problems with guns. Personally I don't really have problems with guns, but I just don't think this is the appropriate place to post.

Therefore I just made a request and I hope future threads on this topic will be posted in another forum. Not because it is a rule, but just out of respect for the feelings of others.

Cheers,
Huub

The big question again is "Can we move this thread to a location that does not offend?"

Huub Vink,
I am a gun enthusiast but am hesitant to continue this discussion because of your comments. As others have stated, there has been a lively discussion on this topic and it would be a shame to just abandon it with all of the posts and images that are already here.

Obligatory gun commentary:
Please observe the rear sight guards on Frankenstein. The right side isn't curved outward. I believe this was intended to have room for the windage adjustment rear sight but I had a windage adjustable sight installed at one point and although there wasn't a LOT of room, there was enough for some adjustments.

- Ivan.

applause2.gif

There is only one time when we need PC. That is when we are looking for the USB ports to plug our HOTAS controllers in to.

I'd buy that, if only the 'Tell it like it is!!' crew were a bit more relaxed when people have a go at THEIR sacred cows - but quite often 'free speech' only seems to flow one way.

Anyways, just off to post about gun control on Whopping Great Weapons.com - I'll let you know how I get on.:jump:

I am a gun owner, too, but out of respect to the admin, I am not going to post photos of my Mausers and other stuff. However, I have to ask:

Are we still allowed to post screenshots of FS aircraft that show guns or other weapons?

I moved it down to the Other Hobbies forum. We've got a few other shooting threads hiding in here somewhere, another one is welcome.
Feel free to post your gun pics in here if you so wish...or any other hobbies you've got a hankering to share.

Those are some nice Enfields I see.

Are we still allowed to post screenshots of FS aircraft that show guns or other weapons?

Hmm...lemme see...those would be FS related so...ummm...yep. :)
Otherwise post em up down here.

Lets see those Mausers. A sure way to get those SMLE guys good and riled up. :ernae:

How about German fighters with Swastikas on the tail?
(Yeah, I'm a trouble maker.)

- Ivan.

Believe it or not, but this topic has already been dicussed in the past.

German law does not allow to use this symbol out historical context. As we are an American based international forum, we consider German law not applicable here.

Some people may consider the use of the Nazi symbol offending, however we only use the symbol in a historical context and definitely do not support the ideas of the former Nazi. Therfore the display is regarded acceptable.

Cheers,
Huub

Back