• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3D MilViz S-64E/F Mods

Will this also be for the Nemeth Designs S-64 as well?

Yes, they are the same helo as far as I'm aware of. These will be both FSX/P3Dv4+ compatible, as the original models are. The MilViz/Nemeth Skycranes are required for these to work. As this is simply an expansion pack to the original models.

Some interesting developments over the last week. Mostly model revisions. Currently starting a small test group for the models. One version was completely overhauled to include Erickson's new composite rotor blades. Although not in use in great numbers currently, as they were just approved by the FAA late in 2020. Only a few ships have them for evaluation purposes. One ship is HT-729 which flies under lease/contract to SDG&E down in San Diego, California. The rotors will likely appear on more and more as they are a considerable upgrade to the stock rotors. Boosting fuel economy, lifting capacity, and reducing vibration to the airframe were some of the new rotor's boasted features. But I felt this needed to be represented on these. So, new rotors were designed from the ground up and added. Not much reference material to go off of online in terms of actual dimensions, but I did what I could with what info I could gather.

attachment.php

After some testing in FSX, it's become quite clear that the expansion models are NOT compatible with FSX. Despite many many hours of trouble shooting and recompilation of model files with attempted fixes. Nothing has yielded acceptable results. So it's at this point I am giving up on FSX compatibility models. Now, originally, I had figured these were going to be P3Dv4+ versions only. But later on decided to see if I could keep them FSX compatible. Perhaps a bit too ambitious on my part with an already large project. But that's what Beta is for. So unfortunately, FSX users will not get any updated models of the S-64/CH-54 firefighting models. HOWEVER, I've been chatting with the beta testers and have come up with an upgrade pack at least for the MilViz Birds. I will release second. That update pack will have some updated camera views, as well as the updated sounds at least. I may add more to that. But FSX is a no go for there unfortunately. Some minor cosmetic fixes were caught in beta so I'm working on the fixes to those models and updating liveries. The number of models has not changed, nor the amount of liveries. Although, the beta file came out to around 620MB compressed to a ZIP file, so it's considerable. Lots of time and effort have gone into this, I'm hoping that after the cosmetic fixes are done to the models I can get these out finally by the middle or end of February 2021.

After a lot of late in the game "bumps" in the project. Things are running well in P3Dv4 testing of the new expansion pack. Things have been finalized in terms of the model lineup, liveries, etc. I have been in contact with a few other interested parties will be doing additional repaints after they've been released. I personally, have also talked with a few internally within our group and will likely release another repaint package at a later date for them as well. I am also still looking into a solution for FSX users, but that too will come at a later date, if at all. I have a possible solution I'm looking into, but nothing concrete as of yet. The list below is the final expansion pack versions. The amount of repaints remains the same across the 7 models, with 14 total liveries. I have attempted to update the prototype tanks to have more detail as well during this time. The expansion pack is considerable (~650MB in Zip format) with the addition of not just the models and liveries, but the newly updated sounds, and the updated modification to the "BladeSlapSND" audio addon for P3Dv4+ users.

1) CH-54A Tarhe (Erickson Tank)
2) CH-54A Tarhe (Simplex 314 Tank)
3) CH-54A Tarhe (Aero Union RADS II Tank)
4) S-64E Skycrane (Erickson Tank, Equip Box, Ram Snorkel)
5) S-64E+ Skycrane (Erickson Tank, Ram Snorkel, Composite Rotors)
6) S-64F Skycrane (Erickson Tank, Equip Box, Ram Snorkel)
7) S-64F Skycrane (Erickson Tank) Equip Box, Ram Snorkel, Weather Radar Radome)

This is the last development update for the package. Beta testing as of this afternoon has ended successfully. The package will be put together and released on March 5th, 2021. Thank you all for the support and interest.

cranes.jpg

Back