• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3dv5.2 released

Oh, wow, I would have been so excited about this a year or so ago! But I see that it looks like they may have addressed the VR video RAM crashes I kept getting with 5.1, so looks like I might need to revisit my P3D install!

I'm a huge fan of MSFS, but I have so many planes for P3D, there's reason to keep it around.

Gonna have try the Let410 and that Falcon 20 in the SOH Lib to see if it works. The payware Flysimware Falcon 50 loves the new update so far. No issues with LatinVFR MHRO or KCRP/KSAT. Gonna get interesting as I add in the Canadian Attic of Nunavut.

So far I have had no problems at all with 99% of the aircraft that were in 5.1 and the same for all my addon scenery (ORBX included) or I might add with the sim's operation at all.

Milton Schupes Dash 7 FSX Native version is a bust again for reason unknown other than something to do with the interior model. So is the KBT Electra L188 despite extensive upgrades and working in 5.1 just a no go with 5.2 will not load the interior model.

All of Flight Replicas aircraft work, all of AH's that I have are operative (Lancaster, HS748, BAC 111, Otter, Dove, VC10, DC-8), so are Carenado's, A2A (Anson, Spitfire and L049), PMDG (DC-6), Aerosoft (PBY and Twin Otter), Flight 1, BN2, DC9 (30 MD80 and Super 80). FS Addon Bristol Freighter and Anson, no issues with the JF Professional BAE 146.

Well, despite updating my video driver, plus attempts at various graphics adjustments, I have many payware aircraft with texture problems, I. E. Dino's Skyhawk and Simworks Phantom. Does not help that Simworks is out of the P3D business now. Oh well. I am planning to dump 5.2 and reinstall 5.1. I had zero problems with that version. I am running a 8700k cpu with a 1080ti card. Should not have these problems. NC

Well, despite updating my video driver, plus attempts at various graphics adjustments, I have many payware aircraft with texture problems, I. E. Dino's Skyhawk and Simworks Phantom. Does not help that Simworks is out of the P3D business now. Oh well. I am planning to dump 5.2 and reinstall 5.1. I had zero problems with that version. I am running a 8700k cpu with a 1080ti card. Should not have these problems. NC

I am still on V4.5 but intend to upgrade to V5.2 or latest. I would install from scratch the latest V5 which should have all the patches
and forgo the issues that I've read here of those who have V5 but going to 5.1 or 5.2; I got my fingers crossed for a newer video board
in a month or so to support latest and greatest rendering of P3D5. Would like to have a dedicated SSD HD for it as well. I have a backup
system for all my HD's so if the SSD ever gave out, I'd just restore latest backup and go from there.

When was this announced?

The issues I reported earlier have been resolved with several models mysteriously causing a CTD. It is FSL Spotlights that causes the mysterious CTD. If a model is selected that has this mod and the lights are ON in the FSL GUI then CTD. If selected but lights are not ON i.e. OFF then no problems at all. So it seems the current version of FSL Spotlights will not work with the improved EA and Dynamic Lighting fixes in the improved sim.

I'm having problems with AH and Justflight models. The mosquito shows no textures when the sim starts, gun flashes have disappeared and frame rates have fallen.

It'll probably come as no surprise that a lot of third-party effects files from P3Dv5.1 don't display/work in P3Dv5.2.
Afterburner/reheat effects head the list, but quite a few lighting effects are also bent.

Dave

Ok I've just found this fix at Avsim.

"If you've already installed v5.2 and find yourself having performance issues, uninstalling the client, deleting the ShadersHLSL folder, and reinstalling the client has worked for many others to eliminate the problem."
It worked for me.

Mike

I want to be able to run 5.2, but need to make sure that someone ELSE has actually loaded Simworks Phantom and Nimitz before I reinstall it again. Way too much work & effort; only to find it is still messed up. So, if anyone else is successful with these addons, please report back? NC

Cavok The install method works fine if you follow those steps. I let the install fix the shader issue and have had no issues there. I also found that some not all of the JF models have a hidden copyright switch, Carenado do this as well. If you just do a quick reinstall it should work.

This is the JF/AH Mossie all working no issues!

YVdpdLv.jpg

I want to be able to run 5.2, but need to make sure that someone ELSE has actually loaded Simworks Phantom and Nimitz before I reinstall it again. Way too much work & effort; only to find it is still messed up. So, if anyone else is successful with these addons, please report back? NC

The aircraft loads fine. Weapons (no TacPack) also display fine. Reheat effects - fine. Lights? Not so good. Wing lights fine. Tail light and beacons non-op.
Haven't tried taxi or landing lights.

Dave

Attachments

• 2021-6-13_8-37-10-704.jpg
    2021-6-13_8-37-10-704.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2021-6-13_8-37-23-170.jpg
    2021-6-13_8-37-23-170.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 4
The aircraft loads fine. Weapons (no TacPack) also display fine. Reheat effects - fine. Lights? Not so good. Wing lights fine. Tail light and beacons non-op.
Haven't tried taxi or landing lights.

Dave

So cockpit display is normal? On mine, the HUD, and all warning lights were all messed up. Do you have the Nimitz? If so, how does it look? NC

On mine, the HUD, and all warning lights were all messed up. Do you have the Nimitz? If so, how does it look? NC

So you have tried it, then?

No issues in the cockpit - or I would have said.

Dave

Attachments

• 2021-6-13_19-22-29-273.jpg
    2021-6-13_19-22-29-273.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 152
For those of us who updated to P3Dv5.2 by updating the individual components, there's been a change:

The originally recommended sequence has always been:
  1. Client
  2. Content
  3. Scenery

but, with P3Dv5.2, this has been changed to:
  1. Content
  2. Client
  3. Scenery

It seems that certain effects were being disabled/removed by the original sequence. If you have followed the original sequence, simply remove and reinstall the Client.

Thanks, Henk, for this.

Dave

Back