• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Proxy abusers, beware

Hey Kilo Delta,

Your 64 bit system 'might' be one of the things that TileProxy cannot run. I remember reading through the list of things that wouldnt run. That may be one of them. Some vista users were also having issues with it, but I think it was mostly UAC problems.

Bill

Man, I feel like I was in Colorado today! I flew over so much territory, I feel I know my way around the mountains, lol...

Went from Silverton down to Durango, then went from Colorado Springs, down to Pueblo, then over to Canon City, over the Royal Gorge, (the fs9 doesnt have the Gorge in modelled in 3D mesh, so it took me a while to find it, and found the roads and buildings then). So I couldnt get enough. I then flew some more, this time going North all the way up to Leadville, then back down and West to Aspen where I finally landed my hot, tired Piper Super Cub (Aerosoft). I had that thing at one point, well over 15,000 feet. Luckily, FS doesnt require oxygen. :d

Loved it! Much faster and quicker refresh rates of tiles in FS9.

Photo one is descending over Aspen for final landing. Snow already. Photo two shows a junkyard of cars just on the inlet highway to Leadville. I wonder if there are some classics down in there, being they are so far away from big cities. Photo three shows Leadville on the Horizon, while on my left, I am approaching Twin Lakes. Through that pass, to the left of the Lakes is the route and highway to Aspen. Photo four is just terrain, endless terrain over Colorado. With clear skies and endless visibility, you can see almost as far as Durango.

Bill

Hey Kilo Delta,

Your 64 bit system 'might' be one of the things that TileProxy cannot run. I remember reading through the list of things that wouldnt run. That may be one of them. Some vista users were also having issues with it, but I think it was mostly UAC problems.

Bill

Thanks Bill.........i've disabled UAC long ago but Tileproxy still refuses to co-operate:redf::kilroy:...for the moment i'll stick with Maps2bgl and download and create my own photo scenery.

Regards,
KD

very interesting for scenery builders and flyers

Scenery builders better be careful that they don't have Google lawyers calling because of copyright violations.

Great shots Lionheart, thanks.

I was busy flying out of McCall ID to the Grand Tetons (Big titties in french) making sure to take the long way. My flight plan looked like a big U turn.:costumes: It was so nice I had to do it twice:jump:

Scenery builders better be careful that they don't have Google lawyers calling because of copyright violations.

Great shots Lionheart, thanks.

I was busy flying out of McCall ID to the Grand Tetons (Big titties in french) making sure to take the long way. My flight plan looked like a big U turn.:costumes: It was so nice I had to do it twice:jump:

LOLOL.... :costumes:

For all to know, Google claims these textures as copyright, not to be sold as commerce. I dont think we are even allowed to use them as freeware. But then the files are so huge, you would have to do it on DVD anyways..

I'll have to check out McCall.. Sounds like good scenery. The Kodiak is out of that state. Looks like some great mountain ranges.

Flying through the Rockies all day Sunday was similar to the Alps except that there were tons of mountains that were unsettled. Hardly any trails going into some regions. Just raw, untouched territories.

Bill

Whatever it's real name is, it is a real manned aircraft with no equal. Yes, this would be it's home and maybe another place or two. With all the stories out there true or BS, the one story I love most is the airline crew that was going by there at night and was well north at about FL350. They saw a plane take off out of the base, climb rapidly to about there level and level off a couple of minutes, then zoom climb rapidly at between a 60 to 70 degree angle going West and disappear in the distance. I'd bet it was what lives in these hangars!

Lets hope that FSXI will allow for pulse jet technology :costumes:.
From my understanding of Google images....they are freely available to be downloaded by an individual so long as they remain unaltered and are not re-distributed (for example as part of a freeware or commercial product).

That would be awesome.

Amazing how they can use a sound barrier cone as a rocket engine bell cone, lol.. Brilliant...

Bill

LOLOL.... :costumes:

For all to know, Google claims these textures as copyright, not to be sold as commerce. I dont think we are even allowed to use them as freeware. But then the files are so huge, you would have to do it on DVD anyways..

I'll have to check out McCall.. Sounds like good scenery. The Kodiak is out of that state. Looks like some great mountain ranges.

Bill

Bill, pop over to the Around the World Multiplayer forum and try out the little 'exercise' there... starts in McCall. TP may just be a big help.

As for the (re-)distribution issue, I can't see why scenery couldn't be made (perhaps a new tool will be needed) to fit in the same way as "... works with Ultimate Terrain.." so you get the scenery, need to install and run Tile Proxy and avoid the copyright issues.

BTW, it looks like I created a "monster" by telling you about it, but I'm glad I did and I hope you're having fun :jump:

Rob

Back