• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Radio AN/ARC-34 for FSX

Stage 1

Here is a screenshot of the first step in a long...gggggg process to get this to work but I am pleased with the first success All of this is trial and error working in four different programs to get here which really doesn't look like much (4 hours work) to get just the background and place one knob. I am encouraged though and I do like a challenge. I have never done a gauge like this so its "baby steps" in xml for me one at a time. I am using my default Cessna as a testbed so that I can see it in FSX. This is shot in FSPanel Studio. The black box around the knob disappears in FSX. Black is invisible in FSX. I won't be posting every change just major ones. Next will be to place the other three knobs on top. What kind of steps in khz I will have to see what the gauge does in FSX-XML code. When I get to that point I will probably be over at FSDevelopers for a lot of expert help in programming this.

bKvKhXh.jpg

I Almost Gave Up

I was almost ready to give up on this when someone at FSDevelopers decided to help and showed me the first mistakes which I have corrected. So, I have another question over there for step two of this. At this stage I will make no promises but I will not quit trying either. I want this to work as a learning curve for me as well as a gauge for you. So, patience for us both

Last edited:
Good evening,

-Yes, I will be patient !!
The community is mobilizing, it's very good!
Good luck for the future! :encouragement:

Alain -

I Keep Updating

My Uncle Gus had a favorite saying and that is how I feel about this gauge. A line of code that was puzzling me I got an explanation from the P3D Gauge SDK and entered it into the code. I open it up in FS Developer and it looks perfect. I open up the test aircraft in FSX and the gauge has disappeared from the panel. "One step forward...two steps backwards". Back to FS Developers for more help with the code I just rewrote. Phooey!!!:banghead:

So much for today's efforts. If I get an explanation of "what did I do wrong now" I'll try again later or tomorrow.

It's Just Not Going To Happen

After going back and spending three hours more on this I have I'm sad to say finally had it I had great hopes when I started this for you to be able to provide you with a gauge but with about 10% of the knowledge I need for a 100% project and no help from the tutorials or even on line I am throwing in the towel. Sorry. The frustration is when the code is checked online with no errors and the result is flawed, I have no where to turn. FS Panel Studio which is where panels are created and gauges placed shows it correct but in the airplane in the cockpit its incorrect. 2+2 is NOT equaling 4 but some other unknown number. If I get a reply in FSDeveloper I will ask if someone wants to create this for you but I'm afraid it's beyond me. I won't be back to this post any longer. I'm going back to flying which I haven't' done in three months creating scenery here to share. Good luck with this.

Back