• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

*Reason For SOH Slow Down Discovered/Explained*

There is one HUGE bright side to this whole thing. All of the files in the libaries are still there!!!!

Sure it sucks to have the threads to be lost, and people will bitch and moan, but all those files that are stored only here? Phuuu, I was hoping everything there would be saved.

Is there any way to limit not the upload size, but rather the number of people that are downloading at one time? Or we going to let Willy tear up the place again?:costumes:

Thanks goes out to everybody that keep this place going, and brought it back to life. :applause::ernae::applause:

I think working in IT and around computers for twenty-plus years must have given me a different outlook on life than people who don't remember spending weeks programming, then running and getting a helpful message like "REDO FROM START" as the only result... It didn't mean it, but good grief was it infuriating!!!

Unfortunately, databases do fail. Unforseen things do go wrong and most people learn from them and move on. Possibly except politicians. [JOKE!]

All I'll say is thanks very much for the effort of everyone involved in getting this place back available to us unwashed masses and attempting to recover anything from the previous database. At least we're all still here, the site is still here, the downloads, accounts and general insanity is still here. If we have to repopulate the threads and posts databases from scratch, so be it. Dive in folks! :d

Ian P.

Glad you found it, now if you ever need to host such a big file again, feel free to contact me, I can help ya out ;)

Shouldn't files of that kind of size rather be shared via Bittorrent?

- Edit: Noooooohohohoooooo! My postcounter! :crybaby:

Shouldn't files of that kind of size rather be shared via Bittorrent?

- Edit: Noooooohohohoooooo! My postcounter! :crybaby:

What a novel suggestion - a legitimate and legal use of Bittorrent. It would make a nice change from ripped-off movies, music, games & apps. You never know, it might just catch on.

What a novel suggestion - a legitimate and legal use of Bittorrent. It would make a nice change from ripped-off movies, music, games & apps. You never know, it might just catch on.
actually it should its a good way of getting large files
but the negative is so vast i shudder to think:banghead:
Jay Kae maybe i will find out
cheers
H

actually it should its a good way of getting large files
but the negative is so vast i shudder to think:banghead:
There's no negative at all as long as you stay off the pirate sites.

It's just a technology.

Seeing a negative in Bittorrent because it's popular with thieves is like shunning silverware because crooks sometimes use knives. :)

BitTorrent is already being throttled/blocked by a large number of ISPs around the world because it supposedly has no function other than piracy. This annoys me rather a lot, as it is a very good way of distributing large files... Unfortunately, that leads directly to its unsavoury primary use, if not purpose.

Bah. :(

Ian P.

There's no negative at all as long as you stay off the pirate sites.

It's just a technology.

Seeing a negative in Bittorrent because it's popular with thieves is like shunning silverware because crooks sometimes use knives. :)
but ya have to go into a den of thieves to get one
and i still have never seen a torrent site that has no pirated
products, thats the negative and it is a big one
i have no problem with torrents they are great
H

It only seems like yesterday when the FSX forum started anyway, so as long as the files are there I'm happy. :jump:

To answer Ian P's question, yes it is now worth installing cfs3. We, the Groundhogs, have taken cfs3 and made it into something that is more in line with what it should have been in the first place. I was one of the people who bought it when it came out and took it back the next day. I bought it again a year and a half ago mainly so I could install OFF. Up til, that time I was a firm FS9 and cfs2 user. OFF, I found was really great. CFS3, tho, out of the box looked to me then and now like an arcade game.
Now with the ETO Expansion, it looks real nice, there are a lot of new effects and a lot of new planes and vehicles and the way it's set up you now have five eras in which you can fly and the scenery changes with all of them. We're still working on it and updates will come along as they become available.
I must say, we never intended for the catalysmic impact on SOH. But frankly, I think the forum software did what it was supposed to do. Like a fuse, the threads and posts may have gone away but everything else, as far as we know is still intact.

Back