• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Released: Roland Laborie A400M Version 2

Sorry for bumping up this very old thread. My apologies.

I just bought Wilco A400M and I hope it would be good!!! Going to test it soon!!!

Would like to buy Roland Laborie A400M too but would rather hear any reviews or comments from any of you before making purchase decision, please.

Any opinions or comments on Laborie A400M, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

I am using Roland's A400M in P3D v2.4. My computer is an i7 960 (yes, that's old) @3,7GHz with a GTX 970 on Win7 64.
The plane looks quite nice, the 3D model gives a good sense of size.
The virtual cockpit is quite complete too, but I'm not able to evaluate the complexity level of the instruments. The 3D modeling of the cockpit is not bad either, but I can't remember if the HUD is collimated or not...

I am not using this bird anymore because on my computer it causes a very big FPS loss in the cockpit. I was advises to disable some gauges like the HUDs and stuff like this, but this would make the plane useless so I refused to do that. I will probably reinstall that plane once I get a more powerfull CPU...

daube_image0049.jpg

VC and 2D modell need 2 GB each!?

RLABORIE A400M is 2 GB installation. Wilco or JustFlight A400M is 32mb installation. Wow Is Wilco or JustFlight A400M good or crappy? I wonder why JustFlight stopped selling A400M??
I like the Laborie AM400, but: It needs over 4GB on my FSX Drive. Why? In my FSX S.E. the installer built a completely separated aircraft install with over 2 GB for each of the VC and 2D model (with all common aircraft and texture folders !). You have to start one of the models, cannot switch to the other view by view switch. If you need more room on your FSX drive, you have to delete the 2D model e.g..? May it be possible to merge the models in one aircraft folder? Anyone with an idea?

Funny thread revival, I was just looking up older SOH RL A400M posts prior to finally purchasing from Simmarket. I was holding off on the latest MSFS version, so got the P3D one that was sadly not on sale. I'm looking at over 3.7G for install into P3Dv5, seems to be textures mostly. I pulled the "Aluminum" model and fictional textures to free some space.

Back