• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RFN Crusader version 1.3 is out

Hi!
As Frank said, it seems you have something mixing between F-8C and E/J versions.
I guess you have a texture issue due to your extra VF-24 repaint addition.
Check your VF-24 texture folder and be sure that you have 4 "Cockpit_I_..." textures: 2 files for the "Cockpit_I_2" and 2 other ones for "Cockpit_I_3".
One simple way to fix it is to use all the VF-103 textures files (from original V1.4 package) and just copy-paste over your own VF-24 external files (FuselageX_T.dds, FuselageX_Spec.dds, AileX_T.dds, Cockpit_T and Cockpit_T_Spec).

Let me know if it fixes your issue?
Regards,
Sylvain

That seems to of fixed the issue. Much better, Thanks :encouragement:

Capture.jpg

Hi,
The Radar scope seems now OK, but the UHF channel indicator seems still badly textured (on the right of the clock)
Do you have in your VF-24 textures folder the last "Cockpit_I_3.dds" and "Cockpit_I_3_Spec.dds" files?
Regards,
Sylvain

That seems to of fixed the issue. Much better, Thanks :encouragement:

Hi,
The Radar scope seems now OK, but the UHF channel indicator seems still badly textured (on the right of the clock)
Do you have in your VF-24 textures folder the last "Cockpit_I_3.dds" and "Cockpit_I_3_Spec.dds" files?
Regards,
Sylvain

How is this one? I used all the VF-103 cockpit dds files.

Capture.jpg

DSD Error with v 1.4

Hi

Thanks for this update. Before it worked flawless. I removed the complete aircraft except for two liveries and placed the new version into Prepar3D v5. Everytime I switch view, e.g. from outside into cockpit or vice versa, I get this error window.

dsd_fsx_xml_sound View status: 0

tY0QuUO.jpg
Didn´t find any help int the manual for this. Can someone help please.

Dan

Attachments

• DSD error RFN F8.jpg
    DSD error RFN F8.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 112
Hi,
The DSD Xml sound gauge error mentions "FSX" did you install the P3D package?
I notice the same kind of texture issue : in your customized texture folder it miss the last cockpit texture files.
Regards,
Sylvain

DSD Error with v 1.4

Hi,
The DSD Xml sound gauge error mentions "FSX" did you install the P3D package?
I notice the same kind of texture issue : in your customized texture folder it miss the last cockpit texture files.
Regards,
Sylvain

I could fix it by changing the cockpit to the correct one for the 3rd party livery i added. Why "FSX" is not clear. I guess the gauge making the sound comes from the FSX-age :biggrin-new:. After changing the panel, I hear a click instead of the error window.

Thx

Dan

Safety pins removal

I couldn't hardly removed them from the missiles. I found the check box in the load window, but the logic is a bit strange, since when I uncheck it then click change, it always returns to selected again and the pins remain. Adding armament, one has to click on change to make it effective. But for removing the safety pins, I had to only unselect the check box and close the window. So I need two step, to arm the Crusader. Was this intended this way?

Dan

Hi blaunarwal
It seems you have not installed the P3D v4 or v5 version.
On the RFN website, I have changed the order with putting
P3D v4 or v5 in the first position for download.
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Avions.htm
regards
Michel

Hi Dan,
The logic is to 1st load the workload with safety flags on, then start the engine and move to catapult, and just before launching remove the flags by just unchecking the box.
You're right, it is a 2 steps process in order to look like real life procedure.
Regards,
Sylvain

I couldn't hardly removed them from the missiles. I found the check box in the load window, but the logic is a bit strange, since when I uncheck it then click change, it always returns to selected again and the pins remain. Adding armament, one has to click on change to make it effective. But for removing the safety pins, I had to only unselect the check box and close the window. So I need two step, to arm the Crusader. Was this intended this way?

Dan

Hi Dan,The logic is to 1st load the workload with safety flags on, then start the engine and move to catapult, and just before launching remove the flags by just unchecking the box. You're right, it is a 2 steps process in order to look like real life procedure.Regards,Sylvain
It was hard to find out but yes, the simulation is correct that way. ThanksDan

Hi blaunarwalIt seems you have not installed the P3D v4 or v5 version.On the RFN website, I have changed the order with putting P3D v4 or v5 in the first position for download.http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Avions.htmregardsMichel
The file I donwloaded is RFN_Crusader_F-8_P3D_v1.4.zip. I compared even the file downloaded today. It is exactly the same. However, the webpage is much clearer now.Dan

Last edited:
I should add everything works as it should on mine, WRT weapons configuration, radar, and basic functions I was able to check on a quick 10 min evaluation flight. More digging into the changes from the E later. But so far, so good.

Big thanks Sylvain, Michel, et al.

Yet another cool feature that Sylvain added to give us a little bit more realism with the Crusader.

In the actual procedures, the ordnance safety pins are only removed just prior to takeoff.

On a carrier, when the aircraft has taxied up to the catapult shuttle and the JBD has been raised, they are removed by a redshirt, just prior to the aircraft being attached to the shuttle.

On land, it is done in the designated arm/de-arm areas.... normally located near the ends of the runway(s).

Whether on land or at sea, during the pre-takeoff arming procedure, the pilot(s) are supposed to hold up their hands to show the ground crew that they aren't pressing any buttons or switches when the pins are removed. The ground crew then holds up the flags to show the pilot(s) that they have been removed.

After the aircraft lands, if it still carries ordnance, the procedures are basically reversed.

To make it even more realistic, I tried to convince Sylvain to make it so that the flags could only be removed while the aircraft is on the ground.....but he thought that would be too aggravating for everyone :wink:

Hi Dan,
The logic is to 1st load the workload with safety flags on, then start the engine and move to catapult, and just before launching remove the flags by just unchecking the box.
You're right, it is a 2 steps process in order to look like real life procedure.
Regards,
Sylvain

Weapon configuration logic - and actual functionality-are great as released. Aircraft heels fwd when loaded in response to load out and is reflected in performance.

It’s an amazing release. I love that there’s a small nose C, that’s a very significant model in the Crusader’s history. Hoping some repaints will emerge to further show off this superb project.

If an RF-8G emerges, my bucket list would be complete. :very_drunk:

Thanks again for a wonderful model that only continues to get better in 1.4. Spent the last couple of nights re-learning the "Last Gunfighter" with Tacpack in v4.5, still need to head out to the boat.

I'd just like to add my warmest thanks to Sylvain and the team for giving us, with the short-nose C version, a complete set of payware-level Crusaders for P3D. I've spent a lot of time in lock-down painting and tinkering with them.

I have one little issue with the C; a tiny gap has appeared in mid-fuselage, where the front and rear halves meet. It's not present in the other models and may be a result of remodelling the front fuselage.

F-8C gap mid-fuselage.jpg

I've managed to fix it with MCX, a bit of plastic filler and some emery paper but wonder anyone else has seen it?

DaveQ

I'd just like to add my warmest thanks to Sylvain and the team for giving us, with the short-nose C version, a complete set of payware-level Crusaders for P3D. I've spent a lot of time in lock-down painting and tinkering with them.

I have one little issue with the C; a tiny gap has appeared in mid-fuselage, where the front and rear halves meet. It's not present in the other models and may be a result of remodelling the front fuselage.

View attachment 84211

I've managed to fix it with MCX, a bit of plastic filler and some emery paper but wonder anyone else has seen it?

DaveQ

Now that you mentioned it, I see it too.

Looks like a model issue in the mdl for the F8C - RFN_Crusader_F8C.mdl file

Capture.jpg

When I rotate the mdl file, the gap can be seen at the bottom as well.

Capture.jpg

Back