• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Sabreliner takes to the air

bazzar

Charter Member 2018
AH.jpg

It was getting a little quiet around here so we decided to wake things up a bit with a raucous, noisy early jet engine or two. The Sabreliner Series is OUT NOW.

So for all of you who have waited patiently, here she is.

All the usual vendors have been notified and of course, you can buy direct from our website.

Enjoy!:engel016:

Attachments

• 58HTtakeoff.jpg
    58HTtakeoff.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 407
Whoo hoo, YESSSSSSS!! I couldn't get to your site fast enough to hit the "buy now" button. Thank you! Downloading now. Go NAVAIR :encouragement: Navy Chief

I plan to load a flight on NAS Pensacola this morning and buzz the flight line where the T-39s once parked, and the one that is still on a stick.

Hi BAZ

Thanks a lot
just bought- SPLENDID

I hope it is a huge success that one day we can have a Jetstar II as well

Roland

2021-3-3_14-53-24-826.jpg2021-3-3_14-53-43-820.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, and congrats on getting it, Pete!

That said, yes, the VC textures look oddly bright, and the pillar area around the side windows looks as if it's untextured. Like there was a missing reference to a common texture folder, or something in that vein. Or maybe a funky cockpit lighting/PBR issue.

Hopefully gets sorted, as this is one I'm keen on.

dl

Thanks for the heads up, and congrats on getting it, Pete!

That said, yes, the VC textures look oddly bright, and the pillar area around the side windows looks as if it's untextured. Like there was a missing reference to a common texture folder, or something in that vein. Or maybe a funky cockpit lighting/PBR issue.

Hopefully gets sorted, as this is one I'm keen on.

dl

It's the floodlight. Textures fine with it off.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

The shots from Navy Chief look odd. I think maybe settings are out in the sim graphics setup or maybe using third party shaders? The alloy and chrome should look way better than what is showing. I take it that's V5.1? There are still lighting issues with that version.Personally, I still think V4.5 is the way to go for the graphics.:engel016:

Found the switch to make the pilots show but they don't. Chocks show up and remove with the switch but no pilots.

cheers,
steve

The shots from Navy Chief look odd. I think maybe settings are out in the sim graphics setup or maybe using third party shaders? The alloy and chrome should look way better than what is showing. I take it that's V5.1? There are still lighting issues with that version.Personally, I still think V4.5 is the way to go for the graphics.:engel016:

Hi Bazzar,

I agree there is a problem with the display. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall yesterday, hoping for a change, but nope. I will keep trying. I did notice that the default Bloom setting was way too high, which made the red colors, for example, look almost "cartoonish"? Decreasing that did help. The overall texture of the Sabreliner's fuselage looks dull on my system, but not on other aircraft models. As for the model looking better in version 4.5, I hope there may be a way to improve the appearance of the model in 5.1. My experience with this version has been very good. The sim runs much smoother, and overall a big improvement. I really do enjoy flying this model though. NC

Should be the co-pilot's alternate air supply switch. Are you using it?

Thanks Baz, I misread the manual.

Is there a way to integrate GTN 750 as in the DC-3? Manual speaks of a button to switch but I haven't found it yet.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Hi Steve, yes, the button is one of the square ones on the front glareshield panel. Again, the manual cockpit guide will show you.:engel016:

GTN750 issues

For those having issues seeing the GTN suite in P3DV5.1, please read carefully:

You MUST have the gtnInterface.dll gauge installed in the sim's gauge folder. Sometimes, anti-virus progs will intercept this file when downloading and send it to the vault. This prevents the GTN from loading up. You need to check your sim's gauges folder and see if it is in there. If not, then you need to get it back out of the vault and put it back. We cannot be responsible for the GTN software, that is Flight 1's responsibility so please contact them.

You MUST also have the very latest Garmin Trainers software installed to run your F1 GTN software.

The attached show the GTN suite working fine in 5.1.

SabreGTNB.jpgSabreGTNA.jpg

We will be doing an update but I have to say that I was very disappointed with the Avsim review. For one thing, his P3D (appeared to be V5.1) was very poorly setup for graphics. His comments about the "blandness" are unfounded due to his graphics settings. I saw no light modeling at all on the exterior shots.The exteriors are full PBR and have very good, subtle features in the paint work, none of which was showing in his video. Going to 1024 textures was completely unnecessary as he appears to have a much higher end system than the one we used to produce this product!

In the cockpit, his graphic settings were so bad, none of the 3D gauge paint modeling showed up and he ignored the lighting rheostats at night. He had not read the manual properly so was guessing a lot of the stuff. In my opinion, NOT a valid review. Whether people buy or not on the basis of reviews like this is of little concern to me. What does annoy me is when our products are not presented properly.

I, personally, do not use 5.1 because of what they have done to the lighting engine. I use 4.5 which is chalk and cheese in my book. Even with good settings in 5.1, the Sabreliner looks and behaves like a totally different animal and not a patch on 4.5

We will be releasing an upgrade for the Sabreliner once the dust has settled and we can assess what work is needed where.

But please do not expect very much to be done on the basis of that video, it is flawed and of no use to us. All he had to do was contact us before, to check on some of the "issues" he encountered. Perhaps his opinion might have been a little different. Oh well, that's life.:engel016:

Back