• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Sabreliner takes to the air

Thank you for the insight. It seems there are still some concerns regarding system implementation beyond what was featured by that one user in the video - see comments throughout the rest of that Avsim thread. In addition to those, do you have any thoughts on the reviews present on Simmarket?
I understand that you are still taking stock of issues that are not due to user ignorance, but it seems there may be some valid concerns expressed outside of the video. If you can share insight as to if real world Sabreliner pilots (or pilots familiar with similar aircraft) tested this addon, that would be great to know.

As a still-interested customer who uses P3Dv4.5, I'm happy to see responsiveness on behalf of a developer and continued support of this platform. I will be eagerly waiting to see what updates come to the surface. In my use of other AH products in the past, I personally find much of the texture work to be generally overly vibrant / too high contrast (almost cartoony looking) when compared to texture work from somewhere like Carenado or Alabeo, but the rest of the model usually makes up for it. The Lockheed Electra Model 10A that's now default with P3D is a favorite in any case and gets regular use. This is just a personal observation that I know is shared by a handful of others, but I don't mean to be overly critical or negative in light of the fact that you are offering aircraft that are still of high quality overall, that no-one else will touch, and in keeping in mind that my observations are a matter of personal taste. (everyone has an opinion...)

With all of this said, pending updates, I may spring for this one as private jet of this era has been a desire for a while.

Thanks again for the insight you've shared so far, and thank you for all of the addons you've provided to the community.

We will be doing an update but I have to say that I was very disappointed with the Avsim review. For one thing, his P3D (appeared to be V5.1) was very poorly setup for graphics. His comments about the "blandness" are unfounded due to his graphics settings. I saw no light modeling at all on the exterior shots.The exteriors are full PBR and have very good, subtle features in the paint work, none of which was showing in his video. Going to 1024 textures was completely unnecessary as he appears to have a much higher end system than the one we used to produce this product!

In the cockpit, his graphic settings were so bad, none of the 3D gauge paint modeling showed up and he ignored the lighting rheostats at night. He had not read the manual properly so was guessing a lot of the stuff. In my opinion, NOT a valid review. Whether people buy or not on the basis of reviews like this is of little concern to me. What does annoy me is when our products are not presented properly.

I, personally, do not use 5.1 because of what they have done to the lighting engine. I use 4.5 which is chalk and cheese in my book. Even with good settings in 5.1, the Sabreliner looks and behaves like a totally different animal and not a patch on 4.5

We will be releasing an upgrade for the Sabreliner once the dust has settled and we can assess what work is needed where.

But please do not expect very much to be done on the basis of that video, it is flawed and of no use to us. All he had to do was contact us before, to check on some of the "issues" he encountered. Perhaps his opinion might have been a little different. Oh well, that's life.:engel016:

Thankyou for your kind words Sean, much appreciated. If you are using 4.5 I can definitely promise you a better result than that shown in the "review"video.

As for systems, we have never set out to make a "deep-systems" range of products and never will. it is not our bag and we believe many of our customers just enjoy the sim and what it has to offer on a casual basis. That is our target market and always has been. So no, you won't find systems-rich content in the Sabreliner but you will find a high level of functionality nonetheless and there is a lot of custom code in there.

The package has been tested by real world Sabreliner pilots with many hours on type. One such very-experienced Sabreliner pilot assisted us with fine-tuning the flight model and "passed" the package as realistic. He found the Sabreliner to be a rewarding experience and enjoyed our rendition very much. We learned a lot from him, especially how raw the design is compared to more modern machinery and gained a better understanding of flying these early jets.

We will take some of the comments on board and as I have stated, we will be producing an upgrade once we have everything sorted.:engel016:

On the buy list but another natural disaster to ruin our plans (floods) so on hold. Only comment about systems rich. Most sim folk have no idea how hideously complex this can become with gauges and coding and you hit the limitations of everybody's SDK because as well we all know some elements or systems were never modelled for the main sim engines in the first place (peculiar engine configs especially, hydraulics, electrical and turbines)- so you can fudge a something like it but not the real thing! Besides who want to go to a four week ground school and read 600 pages of manual to go have some fun in the sim (Well sometimes if your really bored and serious)

We've got away with it where we are, for once. A lot of rain but no serious flooding. You guys really copped it down there. Hope you are OK.:encouragement:

A couple of days of relatively normal rain showers here on the Peninsula but quite heavy further into East Gippsland and around Mallacoota, some flooding inland around Lakes Entrance but we dodged the bullet.
Hope you are feet dry Bendy.
:encouragement:

Back