• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Screenshots

Just the nicest precision pairing of Spit/190.
The one following, also good but no Hurricane?
Those four make up my standard flightsim First Hangar.

Thank you! I thought it would be a neat grouping, since the Spitfire, Bf 109 and Fw 190 in my screenshots above all have specific liveries matching the Spitfire, '109 and (Flug Werk) '190 that are operated by the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach, VA (which is also the addon scenery seen in those screenshots). I'm not aware of a repaint for the AH Hurricane which depicts the MAM's example, so I didn't add it. For the formations, I use AirshowAssistant by TouchingCloud.

Last edited:
Thank you! I thought it would be a neat grouping, since the Spitfire, Bf 109 and Fw 190 in my screenshots above all have specific liveries matching the Spitfire, '109 and (Flug Werk) '190 that are operated by the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach, VA (which is also the addon scenery seen in those screenshots). I'm not aware of a repaint for the AH Hurricane which depicts the MAM's example, so I didn't add it. For the formations, I use AirshowAssistant by TouchingCloud.

Airshow Assistant - thanks very much. I have all of Flying Iron's warbirds, and thought about doing what you have done, with them in the colours of aircraft that have appeared at Duxford airshows over the years. The P-38, Spitfire and F6F have all been based there, while an Me-109 in 'Black Six' colours has displayed ( and pranged ) there. As for the Fw190, I know one was at Duxford's Flying Legends airshow not long ago, but I don't know the paint scheme, or even who owned it. Anyway, thanks again for the info, and keep up the superb repaints and screenshots. (y)

SCBEgW.jpg
n37Nu3.jpg
yPvO5i.jpg

Airshow Assistant - thanks very much. I have all of Flying Iron's warbirds, and thought about doing what you have done, with them in the colours of aircraft that have appeared at Duxford airshows over the years. The P-38, Spitfire and F6F have all been based there, while an Me-109 in 'Black Six' colours has displayed ( and pranged ) there. As for the Fw190, I know one was at Duxford's Flying Legends airshow not long ago, but I don't know the paint scheme, or even who owned it. Anyway, thanks again for the info, and keep up the superb repaints and screenshots. (y)
The '190 that flew at Duxford's Flying Legends 2009 was owned by Christophe Jacquard of France, registered as F-AZZJ (the only one that has flown in the UK in the modern era). At the time, it had a wicked-good paint scheme depicting 'Black 1', the mount of Luftwaffe ace Lieutenant Horst Hanning of JG 2, which has always been a favorite of mine ever since. When I find the time, I plan on recreating it for the FI Fw 190, including making sure all of the mottling and weathering is spot on to how it looked at the time (it might have to wait until I'm off work for a couple weeks at Christmas). Sadly, the aircraft had to be ditched in the sea in 2010 due to a prop issue, but was subsequently recovered and rebuilt by MeierMotors in Germany. It has since been flying with the Hangar10 collection in Germany, but in a different paint scheme. It is now registered as D-FWAA.

Another Flug Werk FW 190 was also based at Duxford back in 2009, that being the one owned at the time by Tom Blair and registered as G-FWAB, but the CAA found issue with the aircraft (probably due to the amount of differences between the Flug Werk replics and the originals) and never issued it a permit to fly, so it never flew in the UK. It was soon sold to a German owner and, following some additional work by MeierMotors, it has since been flying on the German register as D-FWMV (finished in a fictitious scheme of silver and polished metal).

Last edited:
Back