Please see the most recent updates in the "Where did the .com name go?" thread. Posts number 16 and 17.
Please see this thread for updates. Update Thread
SOH ADMINISTRATIONChris
There are a few programs out there that can adjust the amount of specular shine in a MDL file. One is Ivan Hsu's MDLC. There is also another program called Shine, I think. I prefer to use Martin Wright's MDLmat program to manually adjust the amount of specular shine...much more control going this route.
I can e-mail you a copy of MDLC V117 and V190 (with the Windows interface included). I can also send you a tute I have been working on for using Martin's MDLmat for adjusting specular shine.
Let me know which route you want to go and I will send you the files this evening....got to eat lunch and then head out to the veggie garden and get it ready for planting.
Tim