• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Sim Skunk Works Tornado in p3D V5

Hi again all
I am close to solving the problem with my Tornado Configurator but am wondering if there are any P3Dv5 / Oculus Rift S users out there who might help me.

I operate Prepar3dV5 through Oculus Client (necessary to make the Oculus Rift S work) but Oculus Client does not run P3D with Admin rights - which is needed to operate at least the Tornado Configurator to see the load-outs on the aircraft. I have tried to change the P3D .exe to always run as Admin but then P3D will not load through Oculus Client - don't know why. Is there a way to cause Oculus Client to run P3D with Admin rights? I have posted this question at the Oculus Forum but I don't believe there are too many flight simmers over there.

Thanks
Warren

Hi all! New member here, thank you to admins for setting me up. I'm looking for some help, the last post in this thread is a year ago but hopefully someone is out there!

I'm running a new install of P3Dv5.3 Academic in Win 10. I've installed vACMI, SSW's PA200 Tornado (from SimMarket) plus textures plus hotfix.

I can start up and fly the aircraft with basic systems eg HUD. I can display the TV-TAB window and the ground mapping radar window. However.... I can only select a small number of cockpit switches, many/most are not functional. And the Tablet URL is broken so I can't access any of the instructions, checklists, key guide etc.

Reading this thread and some other online breadcrumbs, these are not new issues, but it seems some members had this aircraft fully working approx one year ago. I found an online video with the SSW Tornado running 100% in P3Dv4 - full clickable cockpit, TFR, ground mapping radar, and bomb release on an airfield target. I'd love to achieve that!

SO.... can anyone help me achieve full functionality? Here are some thoughts for potential fixes:

- Does anyone have the tablet content available offline, perhaps as PDF documents or similar?

- I believe SSW introduced keyless installers a while ago, but prior to that full functionality required activation and registry key. Is there still something there I'm missing?

- A final option could be the P3Dv4 edition of the Tornado. It's no longer available for sale, but according to SSW's Facebook page they removed the copyright on their older aircraft to enable sharing within the community. Perhaps someone has those installation files?

It's fantastic that SSW made this available for free, and maybe it simply doesn't work 100% in P3Dv5.3. I understand SSW no longer supports P3D products. I've emailed them for help but I'm not sure I'll hear back.

Thank you (and sorry for the long post!)

jsdnav - I would poiitely suggest that you forget about SSW aircraft in P3DV5. There are two issues the first is the model configurators and systems rely upon an early version of simconnect and a internet connection to get them operable. Second you will find that installing this will lead to P3D system problems caused by the SSW loaders overwriting your P3D client and content system files with earlier and outdated simconnect scripts - giving you even more problems specifically in the area of controls and control inputs (joystick keyboard etc). Basically you can get them loaded into the sim but the VCs and systems will be basically only partially functional.

I spent several fruitless days attempting to work around this and failed. I then spent even more time reconfiguring and reinstalling P3DV5 to correct the damage done. My advice find another earlier and non SSW model of the Tornado or any of the others they dumped out as they sped off to MSFS land and forget SSW and P3DV5.

The delete button is the most suitable outcome for the SSW collection. That is where all mine went! Into the null void.

Last edited:
Back