• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

So I'm eating crackers while watching the market tank when the phone rings!

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."

Welcome to the club! :wavey:
Oh...and ya might like "Pete", pete.zip right here at de outhouse! :d

Cazzie,
One thing you will notice is that Manuele's Ansaldo will show in FsX without any adjustments. It even works in Vista Dx10 mode!

I'm running both FSX Gold and FS9 and enjoy them both. I wanted to get FSX up and running to take advantage of some of the new FSX only models or ones on the way soon. FSX runs smooth and looks great overall but I have so many FS9 addons for aircraft and scenery there's no way I can ditch it for a while. Interesting thing is with all my custom environments in FS9, it actually looks better than FSX in a majority of the scenery and landclasses especially at altitude. Eventually I will have all the same setups on FSX which will correct some of the blatent errors I have observed in scenery and landclass. After that, I will probably scale FS9 down and use FSX more.

"I will learn the secrets of FSX and turn them all to the dark side!!"
vaderfsxui9.jpg

MCD! Nice:costumes:

Caz,
Grab The PC-9 from Iris... Its really worth it!

-Conrad

Cazzie,
One thing you will notice is that Manuele's Ansaldo will show in FsX without any adjustments. It even works in Vista Dx10 mode!

Roger or anyone else, how does one get into DX10 mode? I have my nHamcer setup to optimize my DX10 SLI, but how does one actually get to the DX10 selector (not dxdiag, I know how to do that)?

Oh, and I got Pete Robert! :ernae:

That moving traffic in FSX is the bee's knees!

Caz

Caz,
2 things are required to run in Dx10 preview mode.
1. Vista.
2. a Dx10 video card. I have an Nvidia GF8800GTX and when in a flight go to options/display/hardware and you will see a check box to enable Dx10 preview.

cheers,

Roger.

Hi Cazzie

About the water colours: some time ago Ashton Lawson, Paul Wheeler and Nick Needham made a water configuration tool, that is really cool: fswc_315.zip at Avsim. Try it, and I am sure that you will be able to get the water just the way you want it :icon_lol:

Regards
Kim

LOL at this whole thread. Welcome Cazzie.

Now was that 24FPS around Friday Harbor or downtown Seattle.

And if it's the latter, what's your build?

PS, I'm 61 also, Ive been through 2 major and 2 minor tanks of this market during my working career with my 401K, (now 201K). As the quote goes "I'm gettin' too old for this ...". The only question I have now is when I die will it be at my office desk at work or my FSX desk at home, because it's looking pretty certain for sure at this point I won't die retired in some warm locales retirement community.

Awesome Kilo Delta not to mention hilarious! :costumes: This hobby has us reliving our childhood...just ask my wife
Ted

Caz,
2 things are required to run in Dx10 preview mode.
1. Vista.
2. a Dx10 video card. I have an Nvidia GF8800GTX and when in a flight go to options/display/hardware and you will see a check box to enable Dx10 preview.

cheers,

Roger.

Roger, I have all required (64-bit Vista SP1 and 8800 GTS SLI) and I have the DX10 preview box checked, but how does one get a preview?

Nice work kilo, that's tits!

Kim, I'm off to AvSim to check out the water config tool.

FLighT01, that's flying around my home in Danville, VA, out of KDAN. Like in real time, I stay away from any metropolis, too many sheeple in those places. But I did fly into Oceana in the Tidewater area, some hesitations but no stutter and the fps stayed at 24. I wonder if there are any tweaks like the VOZ tweaks for FSX.cfg? Sure did wonders to the hesitation and stutter in FS9.

My system: (Built it all from items purchased at Tiger Direct in July)

ASUS motherboard
AMD 3.3 MHz processor
4-GB Corsair stick memory
Two nVidia 8800 GTS SLIed
500 GB Western Digital HD
7.1 C-Media surround sound card
Two Lite-On CD/DVD Reader and Writer
9-in-1 Card Reader

The tower came with a 650-Watt power supply and all hookups and fans.

Caz

... I wonder if there are any tweaks like the VOZ tweaks for FSX.cfg? Sure did wonders to the hesitation and stutter in FS9. Caz

FSX cfg has more tweaks than Carter's got liver pills. A few are meaningful, some do little or nothing, some could be detrimental or interact badly with your setup, that's been my experience. Sooner or later everyone ends up trying several of them. It's what FSX is all about, the tweak! Both hardware and to the software. And every once in a while, you fly it!

kilo delta: that finish in amazing, kinda makes my rectangular black metal box look like a, well, a rectangular black metal box.

Roger, I have all required (64-bit Vista SP1 and 8800 GTS SLI) and I have the DX10 preview box checked, but how does one get a preview?

Nice work kilo, that's tits!

Kim, I'm off to AvSim to check out the water config tool.

FLighT01, that's flying around my home in Danville, VA, out of KDAN. Like in real time, I stay away from any metropolis, too many sheeple in those places. But I did fly into Oceana in the Tidewater area, some hesitations but no stutter and the fps stayed at 24. I wonder if there are any tweaks like the VOZ tweaks for FSX.cfg? Sure did wonders to the hesitation and stutter in FS9.

My system: (Built it all from items purchased at Tiger Direct in July)

ASUS motherboard
AMD 3.3 MHz processor
4-GB Corsair stick memory
Two nVidia 8800 GTS SLIed
500 GB Western Digital HD
7.1 C-Media surround sound card
Two Lite-On CD/DVD Reader and Writer
9-in-1 Card Reader

The tower came with a 650-Watt power supply and all hookups and fans.

Caz

You check the box then it'll tell you you need to restart FsX. When it restarts you're in Dx10 preview mode.

Back