• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Tachometer pict needed

Hello Klein,

I do see what you mean about the different effect with a Dial Gauge and a non-linearity table.
Perhaps I will try that at some point.

You give me way too much credit for the programming of Gauges.
I basically took the SDK examples and modified them until they suited me.
The formatting was changed where it did not suit my habits and I left many parts as they were where they had no real effect.
As an example, the sub-directories for bitmaps and rc file seemed to be too cumbersome, so I took them out.

In the last few days, I have probably created a new Gauge about every two or three days.
Between new Gauges, I have figured out how to improve most of the older Gauges and make a lot of corrections with data from research.
Normally I would post about them, but I don't want to take the time and am not convinced there is an audience.

- Ivan.

Hello Klein,

My first try at the P-38 Fuel Selectors did not work.
There were multiple failures along with a minor logic problem.

- Ivan.

Hello Klein,

After consulting some fairly knowledgeable developers, the general conclusion is that selecting tanks for a particular engine simply is not possible.

My intention is to mimic the effect with some fancy and weird logic, so from a technical standpoint, I can't offer you any advice and you are as well equipped as I am to address the issue.

Most of the code for the pair of P-38 Fuel Selectors just became garbage and I pretty much have to start over at least on the coding side.

- Ivan.

Hello Ivan
Many thanks to have tried, so I know I don't have to search again and again, a bit frustrating, but we must compose with the possible ;)

Good work :jump:

Cheers
Martin

Hello Klein,

Don't misunderstand me. I haven't given up on working on a Fuel Selector combination for the P-38.
What I wanted to tell you was that the original idea of selecting an engine directly is probably not going to work.

I believe the solution will be a set of Gauges that switch rapidly back and forth between what is selected for the engine on each side. The number of features implemented will depend on how complicated you want the Gauge programming to get and I believe from the experience level, that you are as equipped as I am to handle that.
I know that my initial attempt will have pretty minimal features.

- Ivan.

Hello Ivan
I'm not worried at all, what is interesting in our hobby is its limits, and the ability we can have to find tips to extend it, but it doesn't always work. I recently tested the possibility to "animate" a 3D object with the gauge macro show/hide, showing by example a "swich on" 3D object and hiding a second 3d object "switch off", I found the idea very good and it could extend possibilities, but it crashes the game, so I'll give up any search in this way, nowI know the idea wasn't so good, but there is so many things to test ;)
I believe I'm not clever enough to program complicated equations, for now, but I try to progress. A thing I would enjoy to solve is the use of the starter, an old bosch starter was turned for several turns to product energy to start the propeller, and all I succeeded for now is to have it vibrate, and finally make a complete turn, I believe I could search on the "while" C function direction, but don't know enough for now to use it, as to follow...
Good work with the fuel selectors between others ;)
Cheers
Martin :wavey:

Hello Klein,

If you don't mind, I would like to take the design of the P-38 Fuel Selector to the "Gauges for Combat Flight Simulator" Thread so I can record the ideas for the design process and create some kind of a log.... This also keeps me from repeating things that do not work out. There actually should not be a lot a "fancy" programming though the flow will be interesting I think.

If you are interested in working on Starters, it may interest you to know that I just finished one recently and used it as part of a general rework of the panel for Aleatorylamp's Tigercat. There is a thread called "Tigercat Updates" that only describes a couple of the many corrections I have made to that project.
My Starter Gauge set is based on a slightly reworked set of stock P51D bitmaps. I needed a multi engine set for the Lightning. The gauge programming was a LOT of experimentation that took over a week because it wasn't clear what EventIDs and Token Variables were actually involved.

- Ivan.

Hello Klein,

It seems I might need to implement the same type of starter if I ever finish the Albatros D.Va that sits gathering dust in my workshop. It can be seen in its current state in the "Conspicuous By Their Absence" Thread on several pages including the last couple pages.
I can't quite figure out how it is supposed to work though. It seems functionally much like an inertial starter or Coffman starter perhaps?

- Ivan.

Hello Ivan
No problem for you to use the fuel selector BMPs, but I don't have any right on it, it's the stock CFS2 gauge ;)

Check your private messages, I send you the code for an Albatross DIII gauge I made when I began to jig with gauges, you'll see the snarfu code I made for the Bosch starter, after hundreds of tests, this one gave me the best result, perhaps many things are silly, but it don't works too bad, but I'm not totally satisfied with its behaviour when the engine is started with the "E" key.

Best regards
Martin :jump:

Hello folks
I finally found a more precise pict for this Re8 panel, in the "RAF Re8 at war" windsock I just received, and what is written is clearly visible, lovely!

All the best :)

Martin

Back