• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Ted, what type of upgrades (if any) would you do

It seems like weeks since I ordered everything. I received Windows 7 Ultimate Monday. A little excitement! Then the long wait for the rest. That arrives tomorrow sometime via UPS. Problem is, the tower won't make an appearance until the 27th. Ho hum. Every noise outside I find myself looking out the window in hopes it's the
ups.gif
.. ...
UPS%2520delivery_man.gif
haha!
upssmiley1.gif
I'll have the innards so wet with slobbering mess by the time the case gets here that I'll need a few RMA's!!

My packages arrived safely. As I unpacked and checked it all of for condition and the right product, I noticed my CPU cooler was wrong. I ordered a Xigmatek/ HDT-SD964R, and they sent a model SD964W (LGA 775/1156/1366) I called to get an RMA. The fella I spoke with was quick to get it corrected. The problem was solved and I received the RMA via email for the return. Funny thing, when I looked at what he was wanting me to return, it was my CPU = WRONG!
....I was in the middle of recontacting them when my phone rang. It was Newegg..and the gentlemen I just dealt with over the phone. He stated that..somethings not right, I think I messed up. He did..lol. He said he'd noticed that I had ordered the Corsair H50 system also and asked me why. I told him that I couldn't decide, so I got both. Then I told him I was going to use the H50 anyway. That's when he told me that he was crediting my account for the wrong item, and to keep the the other to use in another build!!

I love Newegg!!! :ernae:

Dunno what I'm going to do with it when it's for the wrong socket but, OK!!

Great customer service there! :)

I've decided to throw a Sandy Bridge build together too, to replace my current htpc. Have the graphics card,psu, spare SSD and 8GB memory already. Ordered some 2tb Samsung HDD's today and just need to convince my mrs to allow me get the cpu and motherboard!

Excellent!

I've got some waiting to do yet myself. I went ahead and got a new 24" monitor, keyboard, mouse and a KVM switch. I'm also waiting on my case. I might get lucky and receive it all by Tuesday next.

Oh, I almost forgot. I bought TrackIR 5 too:jump:

When you've it all up and running,FSX installed and TrackIR doing it's thing.......be prepared to put in a lot of sim time!!! :d

When you've it all up and running,FSX installed and TrackIR doing it's thing.......be prepared to put in a lot of sim time!!! :d

Hehe, that's what I was figuring. I've a fellow friend who suggested I get it. It sounded real nice as he was literally cramming the experience he gets from it into my ear. Next thing I knew it was ordered. I'll likely disappear off SOH radar but, I'll be sure to write!! :icon_lol:

I regret to say, due to circumstances beyond my control, the build has been canceled and all hardware is going back to the retailers.

Like a fart in the wind..I say bye bye to my dream pc :wavey: :pop4:

I regret to say, due to circumstances beyond my control, the build has been canceled and all hardware is going back to the retailers.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Hopefully, you will be able to get the FS experience that you want some time soon.

Paul

Wow that is sad! Sorry OleBoy
Ted

At this point if I could get a machine put together that would play FS9 extremely, I'd be happy. I've got all the goodies for that one. Mine just isn't cutting the mustard anymore.

At this point if I could get a machine put together that would play FS9 extremely, I'd be happy. I've got all the goodies for that one. Mine just isn't cutting the mustard anymore.

Scroll down and check this out:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=48970&p=543922#post543922

You don't need to spend $2000 or more to run FSX as long as you keep the thing in perspective. You cut back on some of the sliders and turn your aircraft and scenery way up!

Appreciate that Ted. I'll take note of it for future reference. Though I don't foresee it becoming reality anytime soon.

Set in stone. Ordered last night.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
I7 2600K
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
GTX 570
300gb Velociraptor
150gb Velociraptor
WD WD6401AALS 640gb (will replace 2tb drive on other pc for swap to new pc)
Lite-on DVD Burner
CORSAIR Professional Series AX850

My decision, for all intense purpose, and plenty of reading, was to follow through when time and funding allowed. For about a year now my wife and I have been trying to get rid of two four wheeler atv's. The economy just is not right for selling anything. It's been a buyers market. For the most part, they know cash talks. I had many offers in the past year and declined them. I received a phone call by someone wanting to buy. I told him the price I was asking was FIRM. He showed up yesterday and handed me cash @ asking price. He was happy. I took it in the shorts about 3 grand due to the economy, but it had been sitting in the garage for nearly 5 years with no use.

I had considered waiting for the new chip that's coming. I didn't think about twice. I placed my order. I'm done waiting!!

Yeah, my time has finally come. I really look forward to seeing that UPS guy pull in my drive. I hope this is worth the recent frustrations. Part of them being what hard drive. SSD or what. Prices pretty much nailed my choice, ruling the SSD out. I wanted a minimum of 250gb. I also wanted to see them cost less. SSD was really out!! I just made the decision and paid for the dang stuff :kilroy:

Back