• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

TFC Gloster Gladiator N5903 (G-GLAD) Repaint

Bomber_12th

SOH-CM-2023
I 'think' I'm finally finished with this repaint for the FSAddon Gladiator, so I will begin to package it together and get it uploaded here this afternoon.

The repaint depicts the airworthy example owned by The Fighter Collection (one of only two in the world - the other example being owned by the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden), based at Duxford, England. The color scheme is that of 72 Squadron RAF, which was based at Church Fenton in the mid-late 30's.

This repaint would of course not have been possible without the paint kit by Simon Smeiman. It took quite a bit longer to do this repaint than I had thought it would, but now I'm looking forward to doing another.

g-glad1.jpg

g-glad2.jpg

g-glad3.jpg

g-glad4.jpg

g-glad5.jpg

g-glad6.jpg

Thank you Flaviossa - it is a beautiful scheme, which has been on my mind since the product was originally released.

The repaint is now uploaded, so it should be available soon to any who may be interested. Here is one more static screenshot, displaying updated lower wing textures (as included in the uploaded version).

The squadron artwork on the tail is all original, vector-drawn in Photoshop to match the artwork on the restored aircraft. Most of all of the W/T (wire throughout) stencils are reproduced around the aircraft as well.

glad_Static.jpg

Jeez , I been a bit slack , should have had this Gladiator by now and that makes it an excuse not to today :icon_lol:

Some more shots, having too much fun - have I ever mentioned how much I like that Duxford scenery? : )

static_glad1.jpg

static_glad2.jpg

Note the brass-lined prop, created for this repaint (to match the real article).

static_glad3.jpg

static_glad5.jpg

What a gorgous bird!! And your paint ain't too shabby either, John. Just finished an afternoon of circuits at Duxford and she is one sweet handling gal -- if ya don't hit the brakes too hard during taxi -- oops.

Not much to do with the lights but those dual exhausts are begging for some polluting bits.

Panel entries:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: = 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
light.0 = 3, -0.671, -13.657, 4.214, fx_shockwave_navred_nl,
light.1 = 3, -0.671, 13.657, 4.214, fx_shockwave_navgre_nl,

//------------ Exhaust Flames --------
light.4 = 3, -6.50, 1.10, -2,50, fx_V12_IDLE_starb,
light.5 = 3, -6.50, 1.10, -2.50, fx_V12_MAX_starb,
light.6 = 3, -6.50, 1.10, -2.50, fx_V12_Exhaust,
light.7 = 3, -6.50, -1.10, -2,50, fx_V12_IDLE_starb,
light.8 = 3, -6.50, -1.10, -2.50, fx_V12_MAX_starb,
light.9 = 3, -6.50, -1.10, -2.50, fx_V12_Exhaust,

I also added a start-up effect that comes close to matching the pipes:

[EFFECTS]
wake = fx_wake
water = fx_spray
dirt = fx_tchdrt
concrete = fx_sparks
touchdown = fx_tchdwn_s, 1
startup= fx_msd18s //This is from Milton Shupe's fs9 Beech d-18
windshield_rain_effect_available = 1

What a gorgous bird!! And your paint ain't too shabby either, John. Just finished an afternoon of circuits at Duxford and she is one sweet handling gal -- if ya don't hit the brakes too hard during taxi -- oops.

Not much to do with the lights but those dual exhausts are begging for some polluting bits.

Panel entries:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: = 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
light.0 = 3, -0.671, -13.657, 4.214, fx_shockwave_navred_nl,
light.1 = 3, -0.671, 13.657, 4.214, fx_shockwave_navgre_nl,

//------------ Exhaust Flames --------
light.4 = 3, -6.50, 1.10, -2,50, fx_V12_IDLE_starb,
light.5 = 3, -6.50, 1.10, -2.50, fx_V12_MAX_starb,
light.6 = 3, -6.50, 1.10, -2.50, fx_V12_Exhaust,
light.7 = 3, -6.50, -1.10, -2,50, fx_V12_IDLE_starb,
light.8 = 3, -6.50, -1.10, -2.50, fx_V12_MAX_starb,
light.9 = 3, -6.50, -1.10, -2.50, fx_V12_Exhaust,