• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

The CTRL-Ezy Jaguar

Fascinating - not really sure about the CTL-EZY process. Am I correct in that the model is restricted internally in the VC by basically doing a front view perspective? Do the systems or controls on that panel get modeled or only some. Basically I can live without seeing a detailed modelled and texture in all perspectives. I can understand the logic, lot of bits and bytes get gobbled up by all that detail which is mostly superflous except for the look. I guess it is basically a 2D panel brought to life with a 3D perspective. I will see how this one goes!

Yes you get it.

The systems were basically Ctrl+E. the premise was for the " I have about 20 minutes and want to do some boom and zoom flying in planes that are unusual or not commercially viable as a full fledged subject, that cost less than 20 dollars for FSX/p3d and as long as I either use the camera set up or dont use the hat switch in the VC view... job done"

Unfortunately the concept faltered. Feedback we received was ranging from " I want a full cockpit " to "ctrl E is fine but what if I want to start it like the real thing " which of course was not the point of CTRL Ezy .

With the quantum shift to MSFS that we are seeing, we dont see the concept working in MSFS which for all intents and purposes is all about the immersion. Long term hangar storage really means that it isnt even on our radar but things are changing so quickly in the MSFS world that perhaps xbox users might get the concept. The idea is more game and less simulator friendly.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

:engel016:

Hello everyone,
In view of the posts above, it seems that the Jaguar will not see the light of day!
Too bad! It's really a shame!
Never has this plane been reproduced in beautiful way for FSX / P3D!
Yet this plane has been manufactured at 600 copies, has been distributed in several countries, has experienced a loaded operational career!
This plane has deserved a good modeling for our simulators!
:(

Alain

The only Jag that's suitable for P3D is/was the UKMIL one -- and that was basically 'external-only'. No VC at all.
There were actually four models (ACT, GR1, GR3 and T2). They worked in P3Dv4, at least.

I don't know if they're still available anywhere. The UKMIL website would be my guess.

Dave

Attachments

• 2021-8-20_17-19-18-135.jpg
    2021-8-20_17-19-18-135.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2021-8-20_17-23-6-881.jpg
    2021-8-20_17-23-6-881.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Yes, Dave, I have it too! His windshield is not representative of the true!
But he had the VC of Mitsubishi T2 (piglet), and I could not change the Gauges!
So I stayed at that of AlphaSim, and I changed the panel!
Unfortunately, the shutters and spoiler do not represent the kinematics of the true!
There was also a marine version (the M05) modeled by a Russian, (I believe!)
And there, the hypersustation was well reproduced, but his VC was too poor qualitatively and the soiled model! Abandoned!
You will understand that I regret a jaguar according to the current criteria !!

Alain

pit Jag.jpg

-

Hello everyone,
In view of the posts above, it seems that the Jaguar will not see the light of day!
Too bad! It's really a shame!
Never has this plane been reproduced in beautiful way for FSX / P3D!
Yet this plane has been manufactured at 600 copies, has been distributed in several countries, has experienced a loaded operational career!
This plane has deserved a good modeling for our simulators!
:(

Alain

However I dont think that you were the target market of CTRL-ezy. I dont mean this in a bad way but the jag would have been " front vc only, locked camera, simplistic systems " with obviously the 18.95 USD price point to match such a development.

I think though you would be disappointed with the shortcomings that , that scenario would have given you. I think you're a fan of the jaguar ( me too ) and would want it to be much more than a ctrl-ezy would deliver. If you have some time have a look at the pucara and how it was received both here and on Fb. It should give you an idea on why the concept didnt work for the majority out there.

It's in long term storage. Once the dust settles on MSFS and xbox ( I happen to think the xbox market is more closely aligned to the general premise of CTRL-ezy ) then it might be dusted off and finished for that game. It's basically fallen victim to the new game , community expectations and that damnable ROI thing.

Back