• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Things I love about FSX

+ Autogen
+ Smoothness
+ Efficient models
+ Mission capability
+ VC only
+ Color intensity
+ Bumps, speculars
+ Efficient texture management

Ditto what Bjoern said plus:
+ FTX scenerie packages http://fullterrain.com/
+ Aerosoft's Tahiti and Lukla
+ Default Solomon Islands
+ Adam Mills textures
+ MOCAT's scenery packages...I go on all day about these
+ Plum Island makes FSX just sing-thank you Bill Womack you is my hero

I love the new aircraft that have come out for FSX especially Bill Ortiz and Piglet's. Tim and Bill just seem to be even more inspired. Their aircraft are top drawer! I can't believe the difference in the way the Epic handles from FS9 to FSX it just makes you appreciate this controversial flightsim even more. I have a force feedback stick and you can really tell the difference even when they are set identically in each sim. FSX wins it. Of course GW3 will never leave my computer though-atmosphere counts too ya know:costumes:

FSX:applause::applause::applause:(standing ovation)
Ted

Things i love in decending order

1 : The Animation Manager ( no more name conventions )
2 : The FX Tool
3 : The Compiler ( Fast )
4 : Flexible Mesh Animations
5 : Mission Design , interactive scenery objects ( go boom )
6 : The Materials , all the stuff thats cosmetic
7 : Higher Poly Limit.

Scenery, Vc's never fly with a vc in fs9 never liked them
but love them in fsx,
camera's, aircraft sounds, animations etc etc
H:applause:

I was the same way with FS9 VC cockpits. I very seldom used them because they felt awkward and very unnatural. With FSX I don't use anything but VC.

One of the things that I do in real world flying (when I get the chance) is watching the terrain, and cars...! I will check traffic for some reason, lol.. I scan my gauges, scan the horizon, etc, but then I check the ground traffic. Sounds crazy, but it fascinates me, and now, FSX offers ground traffic vehicles, all automated, and that really brings some huge realism to the FSX world. That really impresses me. And they dont just have say 3 cars with diff textures.. They have all sorts of cars, from new semi's, busses, to sub compacts to Japanese nice rides to old clunkers that need some paint.

That is one cool option....!

Bill

OK Roger, here you go. Gmax FSX Chrome...

Hey Roger,

Here you go.

Its a bit crazy. You have 5 textures, 2 alpha channels that all need to be dialed in, (I use the stock Scenery Environment Map texture), and there are about 4 pages of Material tune zones for the 5 inputs of textures.

Here are the RGB (Red Blue Green) recipe's for what I used on the Epic LT.

Chrome_T......................... 41,44,41
Alpha ...............................13,13,13

Chrome_Specular_t............ 0,0,0
no Alpha

Lightmap_L .......................0,0,0
no Alpha

Smoothed out Bump Map......Regular settings

GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome (Stock FSX DDS graphics)

Thats all just for Chrome. :isadizzy: :kilroy:

(remember, you asked..... )

I feel sorry for people just learning to do their own planes... At least people like me learned on simpler platforms and learned the basics.

Back