• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

TRUE SKY and EA Have we all misunderstood this enhancement!

YoYo. With the release of 5.3 HF2 I am currently using the standard LM Volumetric Clouds config file. I think they have improved the look of the Cirrus and the rest seems ok. That said the Cirrus is still not wonderful but adequate. AS also modified the way the weather engine and AS works now with EA and True Sky.

I think it is ok now and just seeing what AS and the weather engine delivers in a variety of scenarios. This is a recent flight using AS for the weather between NZ and FIJI. Cloud matched the forecast, cu with TS's on arrival well.
Here is a screenshot:
V6lHwvE.jpg

Not sure about the CB's though they are not quire getting the definition my mods did so at the moment I am leaning to some mods to that part of the Vol Cld config. Reason I am not seeing this like I used to:
218wqMG.jpg

But AS has also changed what they are doing with the was thunderstorms and CB's are generated so in short staying with the default for the time being.

Right, default + AS looks very nice from now:

apKfrUG.jpg

pQF5X92.jpg

Minus - strange antyaliasing near edges of model on True Sky clouds (or rather the lack of it) and mars clouds when the Sun is low.

YoYo - yes I have noticed the feathering but I also note that it is not a constant but a transient effect. Shadowing is good (that's EA). I have the true sky manuals but no access to how it is implemented by LM in P3D other than the volumetric cloud config file. Still there are a lot of variables to work with. I keep copies of all the cfg for vol clouds so I can track what is changing. Not sure about the latest AS version and what it is doing in some areas (that is a bit of mystery too) It would be nice to get some idea of how it is scripting weather for the sim to use!.

Maybe it is the constant dynamics that is hard - I know when I look at what game producers and film makers do with True Sky the results are incredible but compared to say a simulator that is fairly static. As an aside some spectacular skies in MSFS yes but they appear to be sticking to a formula there and your still seeing the cotton wool balls as I call them.

Nobody seems to be able to nail flat stratus clouds or cirrus for some reason.

Overall not unhappy with the current True Sky as delivered by LM in the sim at all.

I had very nice flat stratus clouds using your volclouds config from post #29 just yesterday! I still think your old config produces a much better looking effect that the default config. But that's just me I guess :)

Bunkiester - thanks for that. I am away from the PC and simming for a few weeks. I have a few ideas re the previous config and the current one to try out!

Back