• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

What's Up With Flightsim dot com?

Deathwind, I contacted them. All I got back was a whiny return moaning about how a regular download page was just too much work for them to maintain - they had to add every file manually! Yeah, they get about five or six new files each day and it's just too much work to add them to a download page. And remember, that's not a community site like this one run by volunteers on their own time (and who don't seem to think it's too much work to update the downloads page.) FlightSim is a commercial operation. Those payware products they show ads for on their home page don't get on there for free, and I doubt very much that it's run by unpaid volunteers. My impression is that the new management is too lazy to do their jobs. So they got a system that makes it easier for them and tough luck if it's not easy for us, who produce the downloads and page views that generate the statistics that determine what they can charge for ads.

Flightsim files forum

I just navigated the site and was able to find all files after a bit of hunting around. We use the "store side" more for our work and that is working fine. I was not able to use and of my credentials to log into the file share / forum side but that maybe that I forgot the email I used when the account was created almost 18 years ago. Originally one logged in using user name and password. Now it requires the original email address. In any event the "new" look of the files hare/forum side resembles that of the store. This makes some sense that the new owners would do that. I just created a new account and user name logged on and everything is there that always was. Example here:

https://forums.flightsim.com/files/categories/

Last edited:
Back