• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

512 vs 1 gig cards

One things I discovered with the ATI cards is that HIS and Sapphire cards require ATI TRAY TOOLS in order to operate well as these cards are much faster than the standard ATI video cards in most cases. I did manage to get Catalyst to work on the HIS HD4850 Turbo but with much trial and error. I posted an ATI TRAY TOOL Guide on here somewhere. I highly recommend it if you OC your video card at all.
Ted

Trans..

Look in your FSX config ...

Hunt for ...Texture_Bandwidth_Multiplier =40

Once found try changing the value of 40 to 60 thru 90 ..One at a time...Change the value and save then test it out...

Hehe FSX wife slapped me with her prop again. I forgot to rebuild my config after driver update. I just did that and my stutters went byby, so I put the FSX wife back in her place and satisfied. Thanks Harleyman:applause:

ATI Tray Tools is mandatory for any ATI card user, thanks to the ability to change AA/AF settings on the fly and creating profiles for games.

I have a VisionTec 4870X2 and never needed Tray Tools...

I have a 3850 and never needed Tray Tools or Riva Tuner eighter ...

Dude...

I am missing out on nothing...

BOTH my FSX machines with ATI cards run and look just beautiful....

Actually....My new 500 dollar box out performs my one that cost $2,200.00

Fair enough, yet why the hostile undertone?

I was just trying to help.

Hey Amigo I don't think Harleyman's comment was hostile. However if it was, it was not aimed at you per se, he's got a full plate right now.
Ted

Dude...

I am missing out on nothing...

BOTH my FSX machines with ATI cards run and look just beautiful....

Actually....My new 500 dollar box out performs my one that cost $2,200.00

Hey Harleyman, can you give specs out on both of your machines? Looking at converting to intell machine late fall/winter time frame and
would be interested some recommendations. Leaving AMD after all
of these years and going to an intell i-7 chip.

Mike

Well, I just installed my GTX260 black edition without changing anything other than max FPS in FSX and I can't tell the difference between it and my 8800gt superclocked.

FSX was programmed by monkeys, I can't wait until something new gets released or X-Plane figures out a multiplayer system. :banghead:

Back