• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Advice for new computer...

Sorry I couldn't be of help to you Guzler but the advice in here looks spot on. I was away. Glad you got all this help. These guys rock!
Ted

Sorry I couldn't be of help to you Guzler but the advice in here looks spot on. I was away. Glad you got all this help. These guys rock!
Ted

Yea well...What I know is straight from the horses mouth....:wavey: LOL

Other than that I know nothing....:redf:

apart from the ability to add more than 4Mb of ram, what other benefits are there of Vista 64 over Vista 32 ?

LOL, personally, and in my case, a steep learning curve :isadizzy:.

I've been on it for a week with a new box. As I use this computer for FSX and nothing else, the allure of the useability of 4GB RAM was something I couldn't ignore. And, I've got a 2nd box set up with XP and FSX so I can fly while I pick and poke and learn about Vista.

It is definitely not your grandmother's XP. The more I dig in the more differences I'm finding in how Vista functions and it's features compared to XP. Some things are better and some aren't (my opinion only).

See my signature for more details.

To be totally honest i've had zero issues with Vista. The way I see it the great XP and Vista debate can be likened to FS9 vs FSX. People are inherently reluctant to change.....we feel comfortable with what we are used to and must avoid upsetting the applecart by trying something new. Remember that XP has required three services packs in order to get where it is today. :)

To be totally honest i've had zero issues with Vista. The way I see it the great XP and Vista debate can be likened to FS9 vs FSX. People are inherently reluctant to change.....we feel comfortable with what we are used to and must avoid upsetting the applecart by trying something new. Remember that XP has required three services packs in order to get where it is today. :)

I totally agree. I built my new machine almost 7 months ago and I am loving Vista and FSX. I do turn on my old machine every so often and re-experience XP and FS9, but I don't stay on it very long.

Intel QX9650 O.C 'd to 3.4mhz
EVGA LGA 775 nForce 780i SLI MOBO
two Geforce 8800 GTX's superclocked to 768mb
4 gb of Patriot Extreme DDR2 memory
two 150gb/10000rpm WD Raptor's in a RAID 0 config
Antec 1000w power supply
Gateway 30"XHD 3000 monitor
Thermaltake Xaser VI case

you wouldn't believe the fricking frame rates I get.

I too never had any Vista related problems that I knew of...

I do however find that by going back to XP Pro my computer is faster and way more responsive to commands / input...No more of that Vista lag....:d

We really don't have a choice, as gamers.

New versions of DirectX won't be supported for XP...

Whatever magic FSXI holds for us, will no doubt be something DX10a.. or DX11 based...

We really don't have a choice, as gamers.

New versions of DirectX won't be supported for XP...

Whatever magic FSXI holds for us, will no doubt be something DX10a.. or DX11 based...

So true...My plan was to use XP till then and perhaps do a upgrade on my system and get it CrossfireX ready and use the new OS in the works......Its all a matter of timming now I guess........

But I'm ready with Vista Ultimate 64 if needed...:d

I'm still running XP, does the bloom run any better in Vista than it does under XP? or still a frame hog?

If you would like to send me a good blank check I can fix ya right up....all ya need ta do is tell me if ya wanna go fast, super fast or super sonic....:mixedsmi:

I too never had any Vista related problems that I knew of...

I do however find that by going back to XP Pro my computer is faster and way more responsive to commands / input...No more of that Vista lag....:d

I agree, the lag probably caused me to create more problems by hitting enter again or clicking a second time in some cases before the first command was acknowledged and acted upon, causing more lag, I think, anyway, that's my subjective feeling on the situation and I'm stickin' to it! Just got to be a bit patient. Eventually I'll get around to actually installing FSX and if it runs smoother than my XP install it will have been worth it.

Vital Stats: 790i Ultra, Quad QX9650 Extreme 3.0 ~ 3,8(1,333 FSB), 4GB DDR3 Corsair @ 1800Mhz Dominator, 3 x 300 V-Raptors, 1 Nvidia GTX 280 & ESA, 1200W Power Supply, liquid cooled dual loop, MOBO sound.

We'll see.

If you would like to send me a good blank check I can fix ya right up....all ya need ta do is tell me if ya wanna go fast, super fast or super sonic....:mixedsmi:

I'd be willing to do that too, plus, I'd test it for a couple of years just to get the kinks out, LOL :d

Fast and smooth is all I'm after......

Ahhh...Is it reachable?:d

Are there any issues with running Vista 64 and I don't mean just for FSX, but in general?

Considering an upgrade from my old P4 to something from this century and will go to Vista at the same time.

Back