• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Assetto Corsa Redux

I really dislike the modernised versions of cars like the Delta.
Several Ferrari and Porsche classics that have received the hot-rod makeovers simply would never work in RL and look bloody aweful, so I avoid them.
I often wonder if these modders understand suspension geometry and it's relationship to huge wheels, as in the 'wide body' Delta.
However, there are several gems on Assettopedia among the dross.
:encouragement:

The Delta looked interesting, yet the steering is really heavy and about as direct as a lorry. Not a good combination with an engine that seems to only have an on/off switch... :dizzy:

Usually it only takes one or two laps on a familiar track to figure out is a mod is well done or not.
I really don't bother with cars anymore that don't have the right tires, gearbox etc. etc. Plenty of other fish in the sea!

This one is a lot of fun!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
tg0GrEP.jpg

Of course, pretty much like Fiat did when developing the 124, they could borrow a lot from the MX-5..

This one's not too bad either:

pOEvYSo.jpg
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

18WuPB.jpg

Brute Force and Ignorance personified.

Tb2v6I.jpg

The 'Iggle' was everything that F1 stood for at the time even if it lacked reliability.

osvF6I.jpg

Shame that an otherwise nifty Aston mod wears a stupidly oversize set of rims and low profile rubber!
:banghead:

Ce6PPQV.jpg

ktXU0eY.jpg

9iu1gLh.jpg
[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

A lot better than the older ACFL offering!:

WBzxkgr.jpg

CFTdvJ8.jpg

And with working AI!:

YuRoCml.jpg
[/FONT]

[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

6jEhbrL.jpg

Found the street version somewhat boring, this Sprint version is more fun:

LAhOgVX.jpg
[/FONT]

The 158 is highly entertaining on those skinny tyres Ferry. :biggrin-new:

The Series 2 MG.A seems to be reasonably accurate as a road car based on my fading memory but the 'race' version is very strange.
It certainly is not an MG.A Twin Cam as I suffered through six months of ownership when I was at Uni, the bloody thing leaked oil from anywhere imaginable except for the welch (welsh?) plugs!
Never came across an A running Minilites (not that it means anything) and the Twin Cam came with the same centre lock light weight rims as a D-Type Jag.
I do like the road car just the same.
:encouragement:

It might not be 100% realistic, but throw it in a field full of other British racing cars (Tr3, Sprite, C,D and E-types, Jag Mk.2, MG-B T Etc.) from Velo, and it sure is fun to race it around a place like Brands Haatch! :encouragement:

Back where it all started 999 races ago:

P7sFVny.jpg

Now with a correct exterior:

UbY7BhL.jpg

Now with a correct interior:

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
cmXbjkF.jpg
[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

It's the Nissan P35, and you can find it over at race department. Comes in a pack with the van. :biggrin-new:

Back