• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Assetto Corsa Redux

New Corvette C8 Convertible:

[FONT=&quot]
4W9xlVX.jpg
[/FONT]

Found this little French gem at RD. There was a fictional turbo version already but I skipped that. I love the dynamics with a pointy nose but in turns you will always feel the heavy PRV V6 (Same as the in Delorean.) behind the rear wheels pushing back through the steering wheel. Not as deadly as an early 911, but it does have its limits.

[FONT=&quot]
RCSCMrs.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
kuJ1ide.jpg
[/FONT]

According to several references the earliest Works Shelby Team colors were 'Ford Galaxie Light Blue' owing to the paint job worn by the ex Scarab transporter purchased by the team.
This was worn on the Cobra, Daytona Cobra and King Cobra for season one. (maybe re-named?)

So I decided the Legion King Cobra (a reasonable effort bar the paintwork) might be worth a tweak.
This is as close as I recall, TBH I simply couldn't arsed digging through my files but I have a reasonably good colour sense (so I'm told!)
Perhaps it could be a touch more metallic but that's another learning step.
And my photographs show Dave wearing an open-face helmet.

M6V1H0.jpg

4R8jlD.jpg

Very much the starting point for the Type A Auto Union, 'Beta 00.01'.

YzLb9K.jpg

The W25 drives in a relatively straight line at this stage.

MZ0S93.jpg

Family meeting,:

[FONT=&quot]
olmF2D2.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
HyxY9hS.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
PwNBJxK.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Ferrari 212 Inter. Still early stages and these early Ferrari's are a can of worms: they're all different!

YO0PT0.jpg

WCg1nE.jpg

mJbfMZ.jpg

Abarth 1500 Coupe Biposto BAT 1.
Nice car, hope we see more of these FIAT based devices: a couple of Cisitalias would be nice.

To replace the driver model:

METHOD 1 (easiest)

This method replaces the driver on a skin-by-skin basis:

1. Install the Driver_1955.kn5 model in your Assetto Corsa\Content\Driver folder using the method of your choice.

2. In the downloaded zip file there is a file called ext_config.ini. Copy this file.

3. Go to your Assetto Corsa\Content\Cars folder and open the folder for the car you want Driver_1955 to drive.

4. In the car folder, open the Skins folder, and open the skin for which you want to use Driver_1955.

5. Paste the ext_config.ini file into that folder.

6. Repeat for any other skins and cars in which you'd like to place Driver_1955.

METHOD 2 (intermediate)

This method will replace the driver for all skins of the car:

1. Install the Driver_1955.kn5 model in your Assetto Corsa\Content\Driver folder using the method of your choice.

2. In the download for the model is a file called ext_config.ini. Copy this file.

3. Go to your Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars folder.

4. Paste the ext_config.ini file into the folder, and rename the file to *car name*.ini, where the car name is exactly the same as the name of the folder in which the car is located in your Assetto Corsa\content\cars folder. For example, to change the driver for all of the Maserati 250f 6 cylinder skins, you would rename the file ks_maserati_250f_6cyl.ini.

Please be aware that the new driver will not show up in the CM Showroom, but he will be there when you race.

METHOD 3 (hardest)

If you want to replace the driver for all skins of the car, and you want the driver to show up in the showroom as well:

2. In the downloaded zip file there is a file called driver3d.ini. Copy this file.

3. Go to your Assetto Corsa\Content\Cars folder and open the folder for the car you want Driver_1955 to drive.

4. In the car folder, open the Data folder. If the car does not have a data folder (Kunos models do not), you will have to unpack those files using Assetto Corsa Car Tuner (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/).

5. Paste the driver3d.ini file here, and click yes to overwrite/replace the file that is already there.

It is very important that you use the correct .ini file for the method you've chosen. The driver3d.ini file has additional lines in it, as well as slightly different wording.

SfZJkG.jpg

ZrIBb1.jpg

UBOrMV.jpg

This is a bit rough but if you get the basics it becomes easier as you go along.
I'll try to find the link for the original files and the 'Driver Collection Packs'.
And FWIW I still haven't figured out how to change clothing but I have a few ideas.

PS: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skin-pack-for-driver-1955.46601/

PPS: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-driver-driver-1955.46442/

[url]https://smodslab.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html

[/URL]

Been down with Covid for the last week or so, time for some catching up!:

Civic Type-R by Danzy:

[FONT=&quot]
9cw8c7B.jpg
[/FONT]

356 Speedster by GeroDa74:

[FONT=&quot]
5xLIGLO.jpg