• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Assetto Corsa Redux

Extreme frustration here!
Can't get the Thrustmaster T300 to work even though all fixes and tweaks have been tried.
Time to go shopping for something better!!!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Some old Holden Ute's:

TJ9VeVW.jpg

yi6Nmfi.jpg

02NImrb.jpg

ZsOcCdQ.jpg

Le mans '23; got most of the cars, didn't try to find all of the skins though.

eG0FLMK.jpg

xr5zOZB.jpg

RaSZL29.jpg

Not how it was supposed to end:

uqqQi4g.jpg

Carrera GT by Ceky Performance:

mwSbX61.jpg

Fictional Dodge Challenger GTD by 'f302':

ACG7O02.jpg

tze9lS1.jpg

Crazy Porsche 919 Evo at Le Mans:

lnZU0vD.jpg

iBDZaTR.jpg

I'm really suffering withdrawal without a decent working control system and growing more than a bit iffy about Fanatec!
They appear to have an Australian web site and they appear to have a decent supply of in-stock components but continue to push the old COVID 19 line as an all encompassing excuse for slow deliveries.:banghead:
No way of contacting them with the important questions either, I'll take an educated guess and suggest they are Sydney based, which beggars the question........why is shipping apparently vague when the distance
to outer urban Melbourne (1000K on a major transport route!) for supposedly off the shelf items which total some A$4000.00+/- loose change is never answered.
If I had a location I'd be inclined to take a road trip and collect what I need!
:redfire::redfire::redfire:

Quick taxi: Mercedes C55 AMG (W203):

QVhaUw8.jpg

Holden FJ Special:

63HEilt.jpg

MNBA Lambo Countach:

Ht4NTjS.jpg

Techart GT Street R, done by Guerilla mods for Techart:

yrBm7Hc.jpg

Assetto Corsa vs Assetto Corsa Competizione vs Forza Horizon 5 ?

Anyone know the differences ?

I assume AC is the older, original game, from which ACC was developed with better graphic engine, and Forza Horizon 5 is currently touted to have the 'best graphic engine' in 2023 wrt racing games ? AC seems to have a huge variety of vehicles and mods, whereas the other two seem more limited in choice.

Zee,
IMHO......
Assetto Corsa is more of a proper racing sim and has an enormous following of modders and skinners.
It is getting on but it just seems to rock on.
Assetto Corsa Competizione gets quite a few kilometres from me, but it is primarily focused on the single GT Series.
Can't really comment on Forza Horizon 5 but based on previous versions I think (just me, myself) it's more 'Gamey' than Sim.
Then again, I still enjoy Project Cars 2.........................:applause:

Zee,
IMHO......
Assetto Corsa is more of a proper racing sim and has an enormous following of modders and skinners.
It is getting on but it just seems to rock on.
Assetto Corsa Competizione gets quite a few kilometres from me, but it is primarily focused on the single GT Series.
Can't really comment on Forza Horizon 5 but based on previous versions I think (just me, myself) it's more 'Gamey' than Sim.
Then again, I still enjoy Project Cars 2.........................:applause:

Thank-you, @wombat666,

I am currently departing FSX (pulling plug on my old system in few days), just built a new system for MSFS2020, now I think I will wait until MSFS2024 comes out next year to avoid unnecessary spending in MSFS2020 on addons which may not work in 2024 etc. Sooooo......, I will have some time on my hands without a sim. I like racing games, but never thought of them as a sim, until I came across this thread here. I particularly like the 'free roam' option, the addon scenery/track option, and the car mods/paints option - all remind me of FSX scenery/aircraft addons etc. What really attracts me in Assetto Corsa is that I think you can choose a car and a scenery/track and just take it out for a drive without having to be part of a race. I also like the AI road traffic available. All this is very close to what's available in FSX.

https://youtu.be/wfpMr5Z3y7M

I just think there's a long learning curve here, lots of mods, addons and a lot of question marks - like where to get everything from and how everything works together. I wish there was a site with 'step by step how to get everything running in AC'.

Only thing I don't like is AC only seems to be available through Steam. Steam app is known to run background tasks on your system and uses some valuable computer resources in doing so. I ultimately would like to have MSFS2024 on one dedicated drive, and AC on another dedicated drive. I guess i have some Googling to do, lol !

I just think there's a long learning curve here, lots of mods, addons and a lot of question marks - like where to get everything from and how everything works together. I wish there was a site with 'step by step how to get everything running in AC'.

Install AC.
Get and install content manager (CM)
Download Custom Shader Patch (CSP) through CM
Go to RaceDepartment and download and install SOL. (Comes with an install guide.)
Go and find various download sites (Like RD above) and you'll find more things and places to drive than you have free time... :biggrin-new:
Installing tracks, cars and skins is pretty much a case of unzipping to the right folder, not unlike a Flightsim.

Only thing I don't like is AC only seems to be available through Steam. Steam app is known to run background tasks on your system and uses some valuable computer resources in doing so. I ultimately would like to have MSFS2024 on one dedicated drive, and AC on another dedicated drive. I guess i have some Googling to do, lol !

I use Steam a lot, and I run both MS2020 and AC with it, and both are installed on a different hard disk. Make sure to get large ones for both though! The sheer amount of cars and tracks available (And still being released!) for AC is absolutely mind blowing!

ACC is a fantastic sim, but like Wombat said, purely GT4 and GT3 cars. No mods whatsoever available. And like him, I have no experience with any FH game.

Thank-you @Ferry_vO and @wombat666, I will check this out.

A lot of the more recent scenery and car paint graphics are very 'sharp' and rival some of the 4K shots in the MSFS screenshots forum.

I assume it all has to do with who the paint/scenery is made by, and technology advancements.

Plenty of 'Free-Roam' areas just for cruising if that is of interest.
This is one of my go-to areas to just take a scenic tour: Bella Vista.
LA Canyons and Pacific Coast, along with Scottish Highlands (Updated version) get a lot of use.
:encouragement:

hdRBUDQz_o.jpg

Back