• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Boeing B-50 V1 Released

I am having to reinstall my FSX A following a hard drive failure. I have also gone to Win 10. I've managed most things but the B-50 is puzzling me. I have reinstalled B-50 V1 downloaded from SOH but when I select the RB-50G sometimes I get the D nosecone and wing tanks and sometimes the A nose and clean wings. I've not messed with the Virtavia VC merge or any other alterations so I am puzzled how to get a reliable B-50 set up.

I've got a feeling that was a known issue with the b-50 I have the same thing not sure if it was ever fixed I think there's something about it in the readme I think? could be wrong though. It's never really bugged me that much so I never looked into it.

I've got a feeling that was a known issue with the b-50 I have the same thing not sure if it was ever fixed I think there's something about it in the readme I think? could be wrong though. It's never really bugged me that much so I never looked into it.

In the readme it states the condition is determined by the cfg showing D for the clear(er) nose glazing and LR for the wing tanks. My RB-50G reads DLR but fluctuates. I currently have only the RB-50G installed and it works and loads properly.

Still hoping for a KB-50J :encouragement:

Using the B29 panel will result in loosing the sound and monitor folders in the stock panel folder of the B50 - Is there a work around for this where the monitor and dsd sounds could function with the B29 panel?
OK, this should do it.
Code:
Merging Virtavia's B-29 Interior into Manfred Jahn's B-50 ---------------------------------------------------------  1) Copy the "Virtavia_B-29_interior.MDL" file from "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\model.B-29A_late" folder to the "\Boeing_B-50\model.B50" folder  2) Edit the "Model.cfg" file in the the "\Boeing_B-50\model.B50" folder to read:  [models] normal=B50_01 //interior=B50_interior interior=Virtavia_B-29_interior  3) Make a copy of the "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\panel" folder and name/rename the copy it to "panel.B29"  Copy the new folder to the "\Boeing_B-50" folder. (Don't forget where it came from -- don't pass it along)  4) Make a copy of the "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\texture.shared" folder and name/rename the copy it to "texture.virtavia"  (I put the name Virtavia in there in case someone forgets where it came from and accidently passes it around).    Copy the new folder to the "\Boeing_B-50" folder.  5) Edit the "texture.cfg" file in the "\Boeing_B-50\texture.46010" folder to read:  [fltsim] fallback.1=..\texture fallback.2=..\texture.Virtavia fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture  6) Copy the new "texture.cfg" file to all numbered exterior texture folders that will use the B-29 cockpit.  DO NOT copy it to the "texture" folder.  7) Edit the "panel=" line of each [fltsim.xx] section of the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file to read "panel=B29".  8) Copy the [CameraDefinition.xx] sections from the Virtavia B-29 "aircraft.cfg" file to the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file replacing the one section that is there.    9) Edit the [Views] section of the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file to read:  (this works for me and my monitor so some tweaking might be required)  [Views]  //eyepoint=28.9, -1.75, 2.08   eyepoint= 27.65, -2.04,  2.40
I think that's all I did. If I forgot to record a step just ask here and I'll amend these instructions.

Back