• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Bucks County, Pa.

Really nice, as usual, Ed. Where's that pretty Stearman from?
Thanks expat, actually that's a static model by Guy Diotte. If you search his name in flightsim dot com you'll find a wealth of static models he's made available over the years.

Ed, Van Sant is exceptional. Your airports have a nice warmth of realism about them. I grabbed the recently-made-freeware Cessna 140 from Orbx to use there. Thanks for your efforts and generosity. Mike

Working on an update. Once I get everything together I'll post it. Pretty simple really, just some additional objects around the FBO based on photos (wooden fence, chairs, tables, people).

Nice shot Sidler. Interesting that you have something I don't any more (smoke from the BBQ). For some reason mine became more like the smoke after a bomb went off than the light white smoke you have.

9N1 to KDMW

I set up a flight from here on Skyvector Sectional for a nice short flight less than an hour earlier this afternoon avoiding any airspace VFR. This is the CR1 Beech Twin D18 downloaded free now. Really a great aircraft to fly. Took off from Rwy 7 on the TERPZ7 RNAV Departure. This is in FSX(A) and IMO it looks as great as it does in P3D Ed did such a good job. AIRNAV lists the Runway 7/25 and Displaced Threshold marked with white tires. Here is a shot just before takeoff.

f94ogXG.jpg

I installed this scenery today and all looks OK - grass runway showed fine, at first.

Then I discovered in one section a bit of a dip in elevation. Ran Orbx AEC correction tool. The result was that airport had no more dip and was all on one level, but unfortunately my grass runway was now replaced by asphalt. I attribute this appearance of the asphalt runway most likely due to Orbx Vector now being active and placing default runway textures in a higher priority than those included with the scenery addon. So by having addon airports at the top of the list in the scenery library will cause FSX to read and show everything the addon has - except the airport reference altitude and the sim will always display runways and taxiways at the first reference altitude it reads for a given ICAO code, meaning the one with the lowest display priority. So for those running Orbx Vector, the airport reference altitude files for a given addon should be placed into the Scenery\World\scenery folder as this folder's files will be read first.

Perhaps Holger Sandmann's quote 1/2 way down this page will explain this better :
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/problem-with-orbx.449957/

I installed this scenery today and all looks OK - grass runway showed fine, at first.
Then I discovered in one section a bit of a dip in elevation. Ran Orbx AEC correction tool. The result was that airport had no more dip and was all on one level
Yes, I addressed that in my readme

. . . . .but unfortunately my grass runway was now replaced by asphalt. I attribute this appearance of the asphalt runway most likely due to Orbx Vector now being active and placing default runway textures in a higher priority than those included with the scenery addon. So by having addon airports at the top of the list in the scenery library will cause FSX to read and show everything the addon has - except the airport reference altitude and the sim will always display runways and taxiways at the first reference altitude it reads for a given ICAO code, meaning the one with the lowest display priority. So for those running Orbx Vector, the airport reference altitude files for a given addon should be placed into the Scenery\World\scenery folder as this folder's files will be read first.

Perhaps Holger Sandmann's quote 1/2 way down this page will explain this better :
I may have you confused with another SOH member but isn't this a recurring problem you have with my scenery? It sounds familiar!
Anyway, again, I may be incorrect, but it has been my understanding that as long as I simply modify a default airport in ADE (not change the airport elevation), that an elevation file is not required in the scenery/world/scenery folder.

Also, Orbx Central provides a way to set an insertion point for where all Orbx products can be placed (basically below all addon scenery). If that's done I don't see any way that Vector could force an asphalt runway to override a grass runway that sits above it.

Is anyone else reading this having this problem?

Anyway, again, I may be incorrect, but it has been my understanding that as long as I simply modify a default airport in ADE (not change the airport elevation), that an elevation file is not required in the scenery/world/scenery folder.

Also, Orbx Central provides a way to set an insertion point for where all Orbx products can be placed (basically below all addon scenery). If that's done I don't see any way that Vector could force an asphalt runway to override a grass runway that sits above it.

Hi Ed,

I have a lot of your scenery and everything runs as intended. Some scenery, unfortunately, shows these asphalt runways although I wished your original grass runway textures showed for better authenticity. I had all along suspected my REX textures were responsible, until I downloaded Buck's County and found out the grass runway showed before the Vector AEC tool was used. Once the elevation for entire airfield was corrected, unfortunately an asphalt runway now showed in place of grass. Googling for a solution brought me to a post over at FS Developer which pointed toward Orbx Vector as the most possible cause :

The thread discusses scenery anomalies (bleed through) in FSX/P3D. Scenery library order, exclusion files (rectangles), and elevations as they relate to the use of flattens/G-Polys are mentioned. Holger's quote in post #12 and Gary's statement in post #17 essentially summarize what may be at the root of the bleed through issue for Orbx users, in their professional opinion.

I am not experienced in this field of scenery design and simply linked the post here hoping it would be of some use to someone..... I certainly can't make heads/tails of it, lol !

Sure, grass would be nicer, but I am perfectly fine with the scenery as it currently shows on my system and I am grateful to have it a part of my scenery library as yet another fun destination in the virtual world.

. . . . .
The thread discusses scenery anomalies (bleed through) in FSX/P3D. Scenery library order, exclusion files (rectangles), and elevations as they relate to the use of flattens/G-Polys are mentioned. Holger's quote in post #12 and Gary's statement in post #17 essentially summarize what may be at the root of the bleed through issue for Orbx users, in their professional opinion. . . . . .
I am as far from a professional scenery designer as one can get but since I made no change to the default elevation and (yes, I did use a flatten generated in ADE) have yet to hear from anyone else using Orbx and Global Vector who has this same anomaly, I will hold off agreeing with the Holger/GaryGB statement for now. I want to see if this is a widespread problem with my scenery before caving to their deduction.

I use the same Orbx products as Ed and I see no anomolies in this Scenery in FSX, except one: the old tires bordering the runways appear to display "x-ray" images of the tires. Not enough to bother me in any way. I have not installed the enhansements that Ed added recently....not sure how to do it.

Back