• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Bucks County, Pa.

Ed, once again you've managed to capture to 'flavor' of an airfield so well! I say this based on the screenshots, as unfortunately I don't have FSX/P3D installed at the moment. I grew up near Doylestown, PA...right down the road from Van Sant. On a nice spring/summer day, the place really is filled with glider and assorted GA activity, as well as the odd BBQ or picnic - just as depicted. It's a lovely little slice of relaxed aviation nirvana in an equally beautiful part of Bucks County. Well done!

An interesting article from Smithsonian about the field. It's from 2005 but Van Sant is essentially a place where time stands still...
The People and Planes of Van Sant | Air & Space Magazine| Smithsonian Magazine

I use the same Orbx products as Ed and I see no anomalies in this Scenery in FSX, except one: the old tires bordering the runways appear to display "x-ray" images of the tires. Not enough to bother me in any way. I have not installed the enhancements that Ed added recently....not sure how to do it.
I have the same problem with the tires but I have been unable to find a good reason for why they seem to flip-flop from transparent to solid. The textures are solid, no alpha channel is present and just a simple conversion to a bgl so I'm at a loss.

As for the enhancements. . .There should be a readme included, but basically the bgl's go in the scenery folder and dds files in the texture folder. . .if you're asked to overwrite just click "OK". That should be it.

I use the same Orbx products as Ed and I see no anomolies in this Scenery in FSX, except one: the old tires bordering the runways appear to display "x-ray" images of the tires. Not enough to bother me in any way. I have not installed the enhansements that Ed added recently....not sure how to do it.

Hi, just a quick side note ....

I have most of Orbx addons and also REX Essentials for textures. I have checked for duplicate ADE files for the airports concerned and never found any. For many years, I was always looking at REX as being responsible for my runway dilemma and now I'm finding more to suggest it's Orbx Vector and Orbx textures. It seems when I play around with airport elevations on Vector or disable some bgl files in Vector I am noticing 'flickers' of the scenery as it was intended - ie. the grass airstrip :
https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohfor...earman-Haven?p=1217031&viewfull=1#post1217031

I saw the grass strip at Buck's County as well, but it was before I ran the airport elevation correction tool in Vector.
Funny though, in Eagle Field V2, White Birch Airfield I show the entire airfield area as grass.

Having the asphalt instead of grass is no longer an issue for me in these sceneries.
The takeaway for me from all of this is that sometimes addons, although they 'improve' some scenery, can also alter other scenery - in unpopular ways.

As You Can See

I use FSX Acceleration from Disks and have been doing so for quite a while now. As you can see from my post with the D18 all my grass is as nice as fsx makes it. I own quite a lot of ORBX but because of one problem or another for me, I have uninstalled all of it except KACK Nantucket Airfield. No Global, no Vector or North America and none of the free airfields on my system. That is my choice. I use REX SkyForce or FSXWX for real weather. I have a 5 yr old laptop with Windows 7 64bit and Intel HD Graphics card --8GB RAM. Nothing fancy in today's world of "gaming" and Falcon's scenery has always been no problems on my system including all the Autogen he engineered for us on my KASH Airport addon last year. Now, that said, all the flight simulators in my experience and listening here and on FS Developers to others have problems especially the new MSFS which keeps being updated constantly by them. If there aren't any problems why keep engineering updates? ??? My "tuppence". :wavey:

Back