• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

C-2 Greyhound and E-2C Hawkeye

The artistic license is fine with me.

Also, it should keep away the rivet counters. So, win/win!

It will be nice to see how it works with arresting system of SWS Midwaygroup :wavey:.
I have it but never installed :(, not many time for this so I’ll wait for C-2/E-2.

Data and pictures are scarce because most of the electronics are classified, but i did find this cutaway view:
attachment.php

Attachments

• yourfile.jpg
    yourfile.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 173
Indeed the avionics are classified - the flight manuals, however, do report the general layout of the station (in order to depict where the radio controls are) and there are pics here and there.
None is clear enough to read the labels on the switches, however.
Anyway, I think we could live with some guessing and a little bit of fiction... in any case the radar system would need to be adjusted to FSX/P3D.

Also, I have placed a poll on my facebook page to collect potential users' preference on going for a single package (E-2 and C-2 models in one product, shared cockpits with some inaccuracies) or two separate packages (C-2 and E-2 sold separately but with more accurate cockpits - and possibly the radar station for the E-2).
Should I decide to go for separate products, the E-2 may slip after Christmas.
Aside, the price of each package will be the same of my previous offerings (25€ plus taxes) - just because it makes accounting much easier...

I personally would rather have it a little late, yet more complete and have no issue with it being two packages.

After the Typhoon (thanks for the Gina texture BTW!) I'm really looking forward to them however they come!

just don't call 'Zulu' (Her Tail Coding) that 'GiNA' name in front of the techs/mechs or old crew of her... I got my ear chewed about it when I slipped up saying it :nightmare:

looking forwards to the pack Dino, whichever way you do it; whether solo packages or bundled! :wiggle:

Indeed the avionics are classified - the flight manuals, however, do report the general layout of the station (in order to depict where the radio controls are) and there are pics here and there.
None is clear enough to read the labels on the switches, however.
Anyway, I think we could live with some guessing and a little bit of fiction... in any case the radar system would need to be adjusted to FSX/P3D.

Also, I have placed a poll on my facebook page to collect potential users' preference on going for a single package (E-2 and C-2 models in one product, shared cockpits with some inaccuracies) or two separate packages (C-2 and E-2 sold separately but with more accurate cockpits - and possibly the radar station for the E-2).
Should I decide to go for separate products, the E-2 may slip after Christmas.
Aside, the price of each package will be the same of my previous offerings (25€ plus taxes) - just because it makes accounting much easier...

Personally I prefer second option. Voted.
Btw. what about TacPack?
Do You have to add it here Dino? I havent idea about options but maybe NVG, Tacan Carrier (VOR), so no weapon fonctions.
Id like to see also rain effect on windshields for P3Dv4 users, like default Maule :).
Thx for any reply! :wavey:

@Yoyo

Unarmed planes are intrinsically "valid" for Tacpack... However it would be cool to use the Tacpack radar functions for a better radar emulation on the E-2, but currently Tacpack is hard-coded for forward looking radar only.

Rain effect is unlikely to happen, at least initially, since using it disrupts the compatibility with FSX.

I don't use Facebook so I cannot vote, but I would go for the second option as well.
I just saw the current poll results and I like the results so far :D

The screenshots you posted earlier are simply awesome. Photorealistic textures everywhere... unbelievable :dizzy:
Can't wait to see the final versions. :encouragement:

I'd like to see an option with the E-2C package to have the current 8-bladed props.
That opens up more modern uses since they've been standard for well over a decade now.
:ernaehrung004:

I don't use Facebook so I cannot vote, but I would go for the second option as well.
I just saw the current poll results and I like the results so far :D

The screenshots you posted earlier are simply awesome. Photorealistic textures everywhere... unbelievable :dizzy:
Can't wait to see the final versions. :encouragement:

Yep, the result (till now) is good for second option ;). I can wait more for second plane.

I think realistically splitting them isn't going to have a great ROI.

Unless you're planning to use this to train for a deployment in a real E-2, a few switches and dials being moved a bit her and there aren't going to affect your actual enjoyment.

And honestly, I'd think the market for a $30 C-2 is pretty small compared to the market for a $30 C-2/E-2 package. I'd love the experience of flying one of these, but realistically I'm going to buy one or the other, not both. But getting both versions for one price would be awesome.

I'd like to see an option with the E-2C package to have the current 8-bladed props.
That opens up more modern uses since they've been standard for well over a decade now.
:ernaehrung004:

I believe he said each variant (Both the C-2 and E-2) will have the four blade prop model and the eight blade prop model.

@Sundog

fsafranek is correct - both aircraft already have both kind of props (although as visual variation only - flight model is tuned for the 8-blades version).

@kdfw

at the moment I have the old style GPS in the cockpits - all the main functions are there, I am not sure if it makes sense to change it.

as for the weather gauge, I'm trying to steer away from third party C++ gauges for a number of reasons...

@All

Preliminary results from the poll seem clear in favor of separate but more accurate cockpits... we'll see if it makes sense, as the variants would be a total of four (C-2 analog with 4 blades, C-2 digital with 8-blades, E-2 analog with 4 blades, E-2 digital with 8 blades). Going down that path means that, most likely, the E-2 will not be ready by the end of the year.

Back