• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

C-2 Greyhound and E-2C Hawkeye

I just realized that, while I was writing the messages above, I accidentally deleted the source files of the French livery... D'OH!
It was finished...I just hope there are no blatant mistakes!

...well, the whole world is the proper scenery at least for the C-2!

Exactly. Just yesterday evening, I was doing a multiplayer flight with my brother, and we were landing on the carrier Clemenceau just a few kilometers away from the coast of Corsica. Landing your new planes on there would be quite a blast ! I'm looking forward to them, Dino.

French and Japanese repaints ready...

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Image733.jpg
    Image733.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Image336.jpg
    Image336.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 42
Indeed a great model - actually it looks better than mine!
DCS is great, and its sea environment is far superior to FSX (and P3D) and the lighting is much better - and with the recent addition of the F/A-18 Hornet it will likely surpass FSX/P3D as the go-to platform for naval simulations.

You can add Fresnel Lens/Ramp on 3D model and the final effect will be near the same :).

You can add Fresnel Lens/Ramp on 3D model and the final effect will be near the same :).

You can only do that if you have the fresnel affect the the Specular only. It doesn't look anywhere near the same. The lighting and shadow are calculated differently. It can look good. But pBR is completely different way of defining the physical attributes of light interesting with various materials.

Well, my model alreasy has the fresnel ramp... thing is the lighting engine of DCS is definitely superior.
It is not a question of PBR, or not - I have tried importing my models in DCS and they look better even without PBR: daylight/shadow contrast is better, and so are ground reflections etc... the discussion gets quite technical, and off topic...but the DCS lighting engine is definitely better IMHO

Nice video. As a retired mil pilot, I just have to say in that landing phase, I would want my pilot not flying (PNF) to concentrate totally on whats going on (inside/outside) and not trying to get good photo shots. You need good situational awareness. Hawkdriver

You can only do that if you have the fresnel affect the the Specular only. It doesn't look anywhere near the same. The lighting and shadow are calculated differently. It can look good. But pBR is completely different way of defining the physical attributes of light interesting with various materials.

Yep but combination of this (on for example Carenado models) looks like models from DCS with his innovations (for sure, "near" only):

Yep but combination of this (on for example Carenado models) looks like models from DCS with his innovations (for sure, "near" only):

Yes, Carenado have probably the best exteriors for GA aircraft. However, they are static, and look the same...in almost all lighting. They look like they've been enameled with the finest clear coat you've ever seen. They are truly stunning! But every airplane has the same finish....other than the explicitly bare metal ones. The Specular shine is the same on every surface, and the materials use multiple Fresnel ramps and multiple custom ENVmaps for different parts of the aircraft to achieve the "look" (At least that's how it was a while back). I'm interested to see what they look like with Dynamic Reflections ON in P3D? I'm curious if it works with their aircraft? Anyone want to post a pic in another thread so that we don't hijack Dino's E2 thread? You've got me curious YoYo!

Nice development, I had a couple of my fellow aviators who flew these. The Willy Fudd project was one of my favorites for Milton, these look like a great follow on aircraft!

On the pilots for the left hand console there are controls for the rotodome and the rear ramp doors. I don't see why they wouldn't work for P3D.

Regards Paul Day.

Back