Captured 109

Spook48

SOH-CM-2026
f2b38287372033a83abb3cbb40c20288db87e181 by Danny Best, on Flickr

I am trying to paint W.Nr 16416 which was found abandoned in Tunisia and was sent to the Evaluation Branch in Ohio.
There it received an American-style olive and grey scheme.
Do the colors look about right as I painted it?
Another thing are those fonts on the tail. They look too heavy to me. Does anybody know of a simular font but more narrow?

snap004418 by Danny Best, on Flickr
 
Many years ago I created and released a series of fonts for vintage military aircraft and this looks close to my 2:1 aspect ratio characters with 45 degree corners, which I called "RAF_45D_841ATH". (My biggest regret about these fonts was not giving them cooler names.) You would need to add those lines for the stencil cutouts. You can find it around the web, one source is:

August
That ist one serious collection - thank you(y)
 
The numbers look a lot like the tail numbers used on P-51's. Maybe this will help? You'll still have to draw the EB though.
 

Attachments

  • P-51 numbers.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks JanKees and August.
The weirdest thing is that i have had that website bookmarked and i also have installed those fonts for ages.
I think it will work out now.
 
Back
Top