• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Commander 685 Native P3D conversion

I reloaded the fix and the tail and bottom aft fuselage red beacons seem better - Thank you Dan

The landing lights (IMHO) are aimed at the forward fuselage and the light is glancing off the sides of the fuselage. I think a light alignment is needed

Thanks for the fix Dan

Capture.jpg

I'll have a look at the model later. In the meantime, the original tail beacon entry in the aircraft cfg was commented out in favor of the attached light effect. Landing/taxi lights illuminating the VC is a known issue and is something only Lockheed Martin can fix. Some of my converted models have this issue and is something I can't fix

I'll have a look at the model later. In the meantime, the original tail beacon entry in the aircraft cfg was commented out in favor of the attached light effect. Landing/taxi lights illuminating the VC is a known issue and is something only Lockheed Martin can fix. Some of my converted models have this issue and is something I can't fix

George you seem to have misunderstood. There's no VC lighting problem with the Commander.

The lights attached in the your mdl shifted to abnormal positions somehow. I could delete them and added new ones, placed them to the wanted positions. You´ll see, when looking at it in MCX.

The lights in the aircraft.cfg are not a problem. GrayEagle just thought, I had removed a beacon, which wasn´t there before. The attached beacon on the lower tail was missplaced too and fixed by me.

The fslab lights are additional to illuminate the scenery, that was broken by Lockheed Martin some time ago. That is a LM problem and the FSLabs lights are the best solution for the time now. I´d love to add .fx files illuminatin the ground working with the lights illumination the lamps.

Dan

I reloaded the fix and the tail and bottom aft fuselage red beacons seem better - Thank you Dan

The landing lights (IMHO) are aimed at the forward fuselage and the light is glancing off the sides of the fuselage. I think a light alignment is needed

Thanks for the fix Dan

Capture.jpg

Whatever happens to the FSLabs lights on your side seems to have nothing to do with my lights. The lights shouldn´t be there. Look at my pictures above, which are completely different.

Show me your FSLSpotLights.ini from within the AC685P3D directory.

Dan

After the post from Euroastar I investigated the .mdl again and found, the attached lights are only misplaced if the plane is loaded into MCX with the aircraft.cfg file. If it´s loaded directly, it shows the attached lights at the right place. Even the fin strobe is moving with the rudder. So Geroge´s (Euroastar´s) .mdl is perfect, nothing to complain, sorry.

This strange effect is something I go to discuss with the author of MCX. He may explain it, I hope. Or George, do you know the reason of this?

So the fix is no longer a fix. I added the lower tail beacon, which was outcommented in the aircraft.cfg to the model as attached object. The FSLSpotLights.ini still gives illuminated ground.

The file was updated again.

Dan

Attachments

• zZ0uUm5.jpg
    zZ0uUm5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 90
I put the ini file you made directly into my 685 directory thus..... G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\AC685P3D
Had to Google to get some idea for placement. You didn't specify where it should go....you just uploaded the ini file with no further info (readme) on
where to place it.

I did install the FS Lab lights program (which I did not know was a prerequisite) - Left a lot of guesswork with what to do with the ini file.

This is the ini file from within my 685 directory:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fupx3d8lzjklw1t/FSLSpotLights.ini/file

BTW, Before you mentioned it, I did look at your picture and noticed a stark difference (landing lights) from my picture. Why mine doesn't look like yours,
I have no earthly idea......

Capture.jpg

spots-on.jpg

The pitch and heading of your lights has no bearing on the glare from the fuselage issues I've addressed.
I experimented with the pitch and heading of your ini within the fslabs program. With the ini light on or off either way.....you can still see the glare off the fuselage and
euroastar has noted that is was a P3D thing......(I think)

Last edited:
I put the ini file you made directly into my 685 directory thus..... G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\AC685P3D
Had to Google to get some idea for placement. You didn't specify where it should go....you just uploaded the ini file with no further info (readme) on
where to place it.

I did install the FS Lab lights program (which I did not know was a prerequisite) - Left a lot of guesswork with what to do with the ini file.

This is the ini file from within my 685 directory:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fupx3d8lzjklw1t/FSLSpotLights.ini/file

BTW, Before you mentioned it, I did look at your picture and noticed a stark difference (landing lights) from my picture. Why mine doesn't look like yours,
I have no earthly idea......

The pitch and heading of your lights has no bearing on the glare from the fuselage issues I've addressed.
I experimented with the pitch and heading of your ini within the fslabs program. With the ini light on or off either way.....you can still see the glare off the fuselage and
euroastar has noted that is was a P3D thing......(I think)

You put the .ini in the right place. It is also the right file. It´s true, I did not write instructions how to use it, cause it´s for people who know it, and instructions come with the program itself.

Yes, if you want to use it, and have no idea about it, it is some work.

I haven´t a lot of ideas left. One is, what is your Spotlight Manager version? Is it the one for P3Dv5? It is a bit confusing getting the right one at FSLabs. I see on my title bar, FSLSpotlights Manager_P3Dv5. I can´t read yours, you cut it. If I pres help and about I get version 5.0.0.1

Euroastars guess was wrong. If you direct the spotlights away from the cockpit and outside the cockpit, also working with the angles of the light cone, you can remove any light inside the cockpit. What Euroastar meant, was an effect on FSX models landing lights, that enlighted the cockpit. With spotlights you can get this too, as with real world planes, when you have the lights to close to the cockpit, directed into the cockpit.

FSLabs_SpotLights_v5.0.0.3.zip

according to euroastar (George)

"Landing/taxi lights illuminating the VC is a known issue and is something only Lockheed Martin can fix. Some of my converted models have this issue and is something I can't fix"

So I surmise he is aware of the glare of the landing lights and claims that only LM can fix it.

At least that is my understanding of it all.

FSLabs_SpotLights_v5.0.0.3.zip

according to euroastar (George)

"Landing/taxi lights illuminating the VC is a known issue and is something only Lockheed Martin can fix. Some of my converted models have this issue and is something I can't fix"

So I surmise he is aware of the glare of the landing lights and claims that only LM can fix it.

At least that is my understanding of it all.

You mix two problems and want to believe Euroastars explanation. I can´t help you further.

I'm not mixing up anything

Let's get things straight:

1. There are glare issues off the forward end of the fuselage. Alignment of the landing gear lights will fix this.
2. I was mentioning that the landing lights are causing the glare issues off the fuselage (Not the VC).
3. As I reread George post #42 He mentions landing light illuminating the VC and didn't say anything about the glare off the fuselage.
4. Are you going to be the one and fix this (landing lights fuselage glare)?

Now you tell me where I am "mixing" up the issues? I'm talking landing lights only, the other lights (beacons) are fine. The VC lights are fine too.
The landing lights need to be aimed outwards away from the fuselage where the light beams are straight ahead.

Lets try to play together better on this and not like it was on a certain previous scenery - Okay?

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for making this plane for Prepar3d.
Can you tell me how did you got Prop discs not contain shadow, i have issue in some of my converted props that has a disk shadow and i want to make that disappear from those conversions? Thank you :)

Do you mean the prop disk itself or the disk is casting a shadow on the ground? If you're referring to the actual prop disk itself being "solid." You have make sure the propeller blur texture in MCX is "set default transparent" in the material editor and you have a proper transparent alpha channel set for that propeller state.

Do you mean the prop disk itself or the disk is casting a shadow on the ground? If you're referring to the actual prop disk itself being "solid." You have make sure the propeller blur texture in MCX is "set default transparent" in the material editor and you have a proper transparent alpha channel set for that propeller state.
Yes, i have this issue the prop disk cast shadow on ground and in plane model itself, usually in wing parts. I will try this what you suggested, thank you for your help :)
I have usually made prop disk transparent settings myself, by selecting "invsrcalpha" and "srcalpha", and also "special functionality", and setting those settings it was showing the propdisk shadow.

Can you tell me how did you got Prop discs not contain shadow...

It's usually done like this, with the Material Editor in McX:

pJF7UGE.jpg

Unfortunately, for some aircrafts, simply reexporting the mdl file breaks some, or all the animations, even if doing nothing but this simple fix...
In this case, it's best to ask the original developper to do it, if possible, with his own developping tools, not McX.

Example where this fix didn't work:

2s9PrXR.jpg

Unfortunately, for some aircrafts, simply reexporting the mdl file breaks some, or all the animations, even if doing nothing but this simple fix...
In this case, it's best to ask the original developper to do it, if possible, with his own developping tools, not McX.

2s9PrXR.jpg
Question - are you re-exporting the model as an FSX model or P3D? If you are exporting as FSX try re-importing the model into MCX and re-exporting it. That has been know to correct the broken animation issue. There is a "bug" in the FSX export that sometimes breaks the animations but Arno hasn't been able to determine the cause. Re-importing and exporting the model can resolve the issue.

Alternately - export the model as P3D native, that should fix it as well.

Gavin

It's usually done like this, with the Material Editor in McX:

Hi, and thank you.
I tried this in a couple aircraft models and it worked fine but in some of other planes i tested does not work and the prop disk shadows not vanish.
But guess i have to live with that :)

Thank you for your help, i have made so many old classic aircrafts working in Prepar3d v5, so im glad at least i get them work, that is the main goal and im happy with that.

If you are exporting as FSX try re-importing the model into MCX and re-exporting it. That has been know to correct the broken animation issue.

Yes I'm using McX with FSX exporter... Thanks Gavin, that's a very good tip, and this double export actually works just fine!

Back