F-CK-1A Ching-Kuo

AndyG43

SOH-CM-2023
I appreciate that I have lost a few of my marbles, but I'm sure I remember a F-CK-1A Ching-Kuo for FS2002/4, possibly by Master Itosan; but I've searched high & low and can find nothing. :banghead: Does anybody else remember it and know where I can find it?
 
The handling needs a lot of work, I might have added a throttle, but on the ground she tips over when turning (without causing a crash) and it picks up speed on the ground. Landing is a pig as speed will not bleed away (even with full flaps, undercarriage, spoiler deployed and throttle closed).
I never got round to working on it as other projects took precedence, then I think I forgot about it.
 
:unsure:

I'll dive into my FS2002 stuff and see if I ever worked on it.
Meanwhile, I'm also working on the Tweet and finishing up my (real time) Hornet deployment (Hawaii right now but heading for home).

Its kind of obvious, this is one of Kaz's early(er) birds for FS8 and FS9 which means no VC.
The panel folder could still use some love, at least swap out some of those old gauges?
Maybe try a cut-n-paste from one of the F-16's (LAGO or Kirk) to steady-up the gear?

I have the REALLY old Aerialfoundry Hornets from FS2K/FS8 in my FS8 install on the newer machine., I'm thinking they could donate some parts. At least the .air file.

Man, I'm going to be busy this winter. :geek:
 
Apart from the amazing selection we have from Mr. Ito. His planes are super accurate in terms of general shape, albeit some features lack, but for the most part are spot on! and they have really friendly textures and easy to paint and takes little effort to increase their visual look. for example a number of repaints by dave quincy on Ito's models take them from an okay looking plane to something really worth keeping
 
The more I look into the Ching-Kuo, the more those F/A-18C Hornet panels make sense. :unsure:
The FS9-only panel (the later one) would look about right but the early version would look even better for a 2D replacement (with newer gauges from the newer panel).
For an air file replacement, I'd probably try the older Hornet version first but either one should work.
 
and id highly suggest the t-45 by serge luzin. since both aircraft use basically the same ITEC engine
1790467908038.png
 
Ive run the model through mcx and have seperated the tail hook from the spoilers. you just need to replace the mdl and and rename the mdl file in the model.cfg plus add this tail hook command in the aircraft cfg

1790468538316.png
[TailHook]
tailhook_length = 1.0
tailhook_position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
cable_force_adjust = 1.0
 

Attachments

  • fixed spoiler tail hook.zip
    274.4 KB · Views: 6
From the animated engine exhausts, I would guess the Ching-Kuo has afterburners.
The Goshawk only has one engine and no 'burner.
 
This is really early and mostly untested.
New .air file based on the Aerialfoundry F/A-18C, later version.
So far, its less prone to rolling the tires after start up and 1/4 throttle won't get you past Mach 1.
 

Attachments

  • NEWAIR.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 3
Afterburner test, and this ain't it. :rolleyes:

burnertest2.jpg

This is using the flames and controller gauge from the Virtavia F-5.
The flame part is just too small and the locations were fighting me, although the controller gauge did OK.

Next up, I want to try the effects from one of the IRIS planes. Maybe the RAF Phantom?
 
Back
Top