• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Test flight ( one more time :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-8-26_22-26-17-512.jpg
    2015-8-26_22-26-17-512.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2015-8-26_22-34-51-407.jpg
    2015-8-26_22-34-51-407.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 17
Hi Yo Yo! I fully agree and I give all my applause to the creators . It was only
a comparison with the only pics I found in the web.:very_drunk:

More F7F-1 and prototype photos can be seen here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...7F-Tigercat-Prototype-Early-Production-Photos

Note, as I wrote earlier, the F7F-1 variant, as covered in this first pack (of which only 34 were produced), were used for evaluation and training state-side, and it was the F7F-2N which became the first "deployed" version, very late in WWII. F7F-2N's which had arrived on Okinawa around VJ-Day, were later flown to and stationed in China until 1947, with at least one group, VMF(N)-533.

(Note, what looks to be a prop spinner in this photo, is actually only just the nose of the aircraft.)

Last edited:
Although you may have already seen this one Gordon, for the F7F-3 single-seat variant, here is a great photo from June 1945, of a factory-new F7F-3, BuNo.80462. I really like the stylized temporary factory numbers as applied by Grumman to the cowls.

Same photo as above, but cropped and processed differently.

John...that's a stunner. The numbers look like they have a Disney influence.

I've put together a modified Sea Blue variant with the updated blue enamel paint, blue painted undercarriage, cowl mods with added rivets, blacked out night wheels and my number. It's still the F7F-1 but the components will merge into the F7F-3 build. These shots highlight some of the new gear details.

Last edited:
Is F7F-3? I see the tail from F3F-1 or 2 version.

eb05a14b028106c7.jpg

Edit: ahhh ok, didnt notice " It's still the F7F-1 but the components will merge into the F7F-3 build."

F7F-3 looks nice but honestly I wait for F7F-3N Droopsnoot version from Korea War period :wavey: .

attachment.php

7d5a20030bf3d216.jpg

Here is interesting picture. F7F always had a problem with stability on the ground when tanks was empty (see the first F7F-3N in the second plan).

Last edited:
I'm still battling my controllers,once I get it all setup the Way II think it should be,then one unit or other will stop working.

:redfire:

I find the Tigercat extremely pleasant to fly, but I wonder if it is not too pleasant. What strikes me is that it is so easy to maintain horizontal and vertical speed (essentially AoA) with gear and flaps down, even if not trimmed properly. With other planes, if my attention lapses for a few moments I find myself too fast or slow, or above or beneath the glidepath. Also, she reacts ever so gently to throttle movements. I can understand that the flaps give a lot of drag so that throttle movements give relatively little speed change, but that contradicts, I would think, with the ease of controlling vertical speed (lift would vary considerably with angle of attack). If this is realistic, so much the better, but I was just wondering.
Another question: did the Tigercat have airbrakes? They would come in handy for such a high-performance plane, especially the nightfighter version.

Back