• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Falcon 50 in FSX

I installed it to P3D - explains why there is no sound. I'll try to find a different aircraft to alias the sound to

This repaint by Martial Feron ("ferondoe") was available on the French Air Force website, unfortunately offline. The "Wayback Machine" (internet archive) has kept a trace here.
There is 2 repaints in this package, the other one is a "République Française" livery. Maybe the package is available elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Why don't you ask Martial?
He makes really nice repaints...
(Reply with quote isn't working)

I wrote to Martial asking him to upload them elsewhere so we could enjoy them again. Fingers crossed.
:ernaehrung004:

Here is a solution for the sound problem for P3D and all other users
they don't use the default Lear45.

I found at AVSIM.net
a free Honeywell TFE731-20BR sound,
which should sound pretty similar to the original Honeywell TFE731-40 engines,
imho.

you need the optional sound package from the zip file.
Put the content of sound file into the Falcon sound folder ,and the new
three engine sound.cfg which you found in this download.

all info in Falcon50alternate_sound.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hlm6xd58dx3869s/Falcon50alternate_sound.zip

also is there a small update to use the yoke clickspot in VC, thank you Gerard
icon27.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sr1s3j34jbs91d6/Falcon50klickspotfix.zip

only for people, who want test it out !

Bluebear

So much fun with this 14 year old FS2002 aircraft and textures. Even got the Rockwell "Airshow" In Flight Entertainment moving map display on the wall (with nightmap illuminated)! Love this interior view and lighting.

I should know this, but if I wanted to make all the glass darker, in FSX do you make the alpha (in the wind.dds texture) lighter - the opposite of what you do in FS9?

I achieved a better darker effect using Bluebear's new wind.dds but also by disabling the "glass" bmp.

I was also glad to see this old gal again. :)

Any current FSX level repaints esp with an American registration? :)

Cool! But they all have the reversed textures right? I've done two repaints and it's a PITA hehe. So I'll be content with the US livery in the package. Thanks!

Cool! But they all have the reversed textures right? I've done two repaints and it's a PITA hehe. So I'll be content with the US livery in the package. Thanks!

Not at all : the central (top) jet have two different textures since the FS2004 version. It's only on the side jets that there was this problem, now solved thanks to Bluebear.

So go on to download these repaints !

Gérard

Amazing these paints are 14 years old. This is the Archer Daniels Midland paint Ron Hamilton did with some simple re-coloring using dxt.bmp and MSPaint.

AAaarrrgh where are you guys finding these paints? The main 3 sites are not having them from what I can tell

This is something I'm doing for myself, but if anyone is interested I'll upload when it's finished. I'm doing the static/non-functional gauges and modules to try to clean up the noise seen in the current VC bitmaps. The current ones are certainly fine, I just like clean sharp images with text that I can read, even if the particular gauges don't really work. I'm also going to redo the base background panel as well. The functional gauges already have bezels and so I won't mess with those other than adding a slight drop shadow for depth.

This is the only version I'm doing so if you've done custom work and added additional gauges or moved things around to suit you then this won't work. JS

Falcon_50_VC.jpg

WIP, still a lot to do.

Very fine work Ed as usual. Looks much cleaner/tidier.

OT: I have found that the alpha channel for the flaps.dds in the new (Bluebear's) native model textures may be too dark, and possibly set for reflection in FS9 rather than FSX. I made the alpha lighter/whiter but still have trouble getting any reflection to appear. The leading edge slats in real life are very mirror/chrome like. Reverting to the "original" flap.bmp Bluebear kindly and helpfully included in his package (thanks again!) made the reflection better.

OT 2: is it possible to get the red carpet and attendant standing on the ground to appear, or is this animation not workable in FSX?

Back