• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Fly-In Info

I've been pondering a date for this fly-in and wondering if we should look ahead to after the holidays as a workable time frame? This time of year is normally a busy time for many folks and while interest in a Fly-In or any MP session seems to be limited to a select few, maybe after the holidays we might pick up a few additional participants.

Any ideas?

Not a bad idea. I’m good either way but, like you said, might pick up one or two more fliers after the holidays.

Either Way

I agree with you on busy time though we have a couple weeks before Christmas. Maybe the few of us who said OK now can get together informally and iron out any bugs before we get a formal setup next year. But like Duckie, either way is fine with me.

I've been pondering a date for this fly-in and wondering if we should look ahead to after the holidays as a workable time frame? This time of year is normally a busy time for many folks and while interest in a Fly-In or any MP session seems to be limited to a select few, maybe after the holidays we might pick up a few additional participants.

Any ideas?

Wellll...
I'm easy either way. For the next week I just get to sit in the Mexican sun and sometimes fire up the old, creaky laptop with TS and FSX and idle away the hours. That does limit me to my choices of aircraft (partly because of the limited hardware - no pedals - and the small screen) but it works.

Once I get home I'll have to reinstall the airports on the desktop but otherwise will have a better setup to work with, although probably not til after the 26th.

Yeah, Ive stayed quiet until now because, after all the years of organizing races and events and Flight 19 plans, I'm quite happy to selfishly let others do the work :adoration:
I tested the route last night and it works with Milton's AC560 (140-180 Kts) as long as I'm careful. No trees in the way and deadly grass at KCRS

Attachments

• Reklaw1.jpg
    Reklaw1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 77
Ed in your setup where do you have your autogen slider set?
Dave, my SCENERY Tab is set as follow:

Level of detail radius-Large
Mesh complexity-90
Mesh Resolution-2m
Texture Resolution-15cm
Water effects-None
Land detail textures box is checked

Scenery complexity-Extremely dense
Autogen density-Extremely dense
Ground scenery shadows box is checked
Special effects detail-low

Wellll...
I'm easy either way. For the next week I just get to sit in the Mexican sun and sometimes fire up the old, creaky laptop with TS and FSX and idle away the hours. That does limit me to my choices of aircraft (partly because of the limited hardware - no pedals - and the small screen) but it works. . . . . . . . . No trees in the way and deadly grass at KCRS

I eliminated the grass at KCRS. When I did that airport I had not yet caught on to several "ticks" that needed to be made to ensure "No Collision" and "No shadow". It was quicker to delete the grass along the rwy and any taxi areas rather that going back and coding 2400 separate groups of grass, lol.

Approach plates!?! :dizzy:

We don't need no stinkin' approach plates! :173go1:

We are Sim Outhouse Renegades after all!

Follow the pink line 'til the airport is in sight then stick her on the ground whichever way you can!

:a1310:

You'll be having us requesting ATC clearance next! :p87:

Approach plates!?! :dizzy:

We don't need no stinkin' approach plates! :173go1:

We are Sim Outhouse Renegades after all!

Follow the pink line 'til the airport is in sight then stick her on the ground whichever way you can!

:a1310:

You'll be having us requesting ATC clearance next! :p87:

At first I took it seriously, lol. . . .but once I read all the instructions and looked at all the lines around the pattern I knew it was just a joke. Basically it pretty much displays what you said, "Get here and land however you feel is best", lol

Radio

At first I took it seriously, lol. . . .but once I read all the instructions and looked at all the lines around the pattern I knew it was just a joke. Basically it pretty much displays what you said, "Get here and land however you feel is best", lol
Tune in 122.80 and tell everyone to get out of your way! Or I can give lessons on TS3 for "non-towered approaches". LOL!!!

…lessons on TS3 …

Speaking of which - I went to the TS site a the default download I got was TS 5. Should I go back and look for TS 3? Also when we get close enough to actually trying this thing are there set up instructions for TS and FS connect for a newbie like me?

Steve

I only turn on the nav radios in my aircraft, you can't do much chatting on those! I tried the comms radio once but some bossy-boots kept trying to tell me where to go so I turned it off again! :encouragement:

Speaking of which - I went to the TS site a the default download I got was TS 5. Should I go back and look for TS 3? Also when we get close enough to actually trying this thing are there set up instructions for TS and FS connect for a newbie like me?

Steve
While you can apparently use TS5 on a TS3 server the layout has changed so much they look/work nothing like each other. I would suggest you go to the old site, here: https://www.teamspeak3.com/teamspeak-download.php and DL TS3 so that we can at least help you get set up with screens we are familiar with! The website offers you v3.5.3 (pick 32 or 64 bit according to your OS type) and once installed the app will then offer you an update to probably v3.6.2 which is what most of us who use the SOH TS3 server are on.

Once you have TS3 installed we can arrange a time for you to try a test connection to the server as one of TS3 Admins/Mods (myself or one of the others) will need to be on there with you in order to grant you full access and privileges so that you can use all the features. Functionality is extremely limited for non-SOH members!

Our MP client app of choice nowadays is JoinFS (https://joinfs.net/) since the FSHost server we used to run is no longer active to save server (and therefore SOH Membership) costs. Go to the JoinFS website and DL the version for your sim of choice. NOTE: You may get a warning about the site being unsafe but I believe it is just a case of the non-renewal of the certification for the site and it is safe to visit. I just visited with no adverse affects................yet.............ARRRGGGGHH!!! :engel016:

More info can/will be provided as required but making a connection using either TS3 or JoinFS is very easy, like most things the first time is the hardest as you figure out how to do it! After that it is literally click the icon and go as almost everything is automatic after that (especially if you use the same servers all the time).

Hey, thanks, Larry, for quick info. Off to get TS3. JoinFS is already installed.

Cheers,
Steve

When you get TS3 installed, to connect to the SOH server enter "www.sim-outhouse.net" (without the quotes) in the "Server Nickname or Address" box and there is no Server Password. Make sure you use your SOH handle in the "Nickname" box so we know it's you and most of us add our first name in brackets after it for ease of use, i.e. Tako_Kichi (Larry).

For at least 7TA7 I will need an exclude. The only auto gen setting that clears the runway is autogen off. Between Christmas and New Years I will try to get one create.

Ed it would be so kind could you post a screen shot of the scenery top down view so I can get an idea of how much wood chopping I need to do.

I think if I do an exclude below your scenery file the only thing left would be anything you placed in the scenery.

Back